Boating and fishing

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sorry Im busy.....

20200404_064703.jpg
20200404_071733_Burst01.jpg20200404_070357_Burst01.jpg

Some may call it bait but its still a fish....

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It was putting up a fight, it must have been shy ...................... actually it was trying to get into the boat I think as these damn Dolphins and turtles seemed to follow me all around the place.............. either way it was pleasant morning out in the Bay and very quiet off Fraser Island, no one at Innskip and very few boats around, very nice, no tourists...................... my favourite Fish and Chip shop is still open to stop at on the way home so little change to my fishing routine....Hows yours ????? ........... .Fraser Island to Boat Ramp, 20 mins, Boat Ramp to home 5 mins ....................

No hair so not Elvis, Bruce will have to do...............

Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
little change to my fishing routine....Hows yours ?????
Bruce says thats a cruel question. Fishing has been declared the devils work down here in Mexico, and the Cluster of Clowns are saving our collective souls from further sinning ... unfortunately right at the point i had just tuning my eye in and my sinning was peaking.

Reactions: Bluey and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The clean up done, engine checked and polished all ready for another morning run, unless I want a lay in then leave it till Monday....... No fish are hurt on my fishing runs, if I want fish I go next door, he has a trawler gets decent fish , the ones that are cleaned and filleted.20200404_154911_Burst01.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The clean up done, engine checked and polished all ready for another morning run, unless I want a lay in then leave it till Monday....... No fish are hurt on my fishing runs, if I want fish I go next door, he has a trawler gets decent fish , the ones that are cleaned and filleted.View attachment 64845
I'm no expert in matters of national security @Drover, but I was certainly not aware the RAAF had boats .... what a freeeeken brilliant surprise for the enemy, whilst their looking up for the RAAF, we can shoot em in the ar$e

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Spoke to @crackacoldie yesterday hes a nice fella @Crusty181 hes going fishing today so is @Drover and @DRW i think @chartrock is going too and most of the blokes in NSW and QLD
You cant bait me with boats and fishing anymore, I've moved on ti golf. I was going to hit a few golf balls down the beach but apparently that's been poo poo'ed as well, unless of course I can organise a funeral on the beach at the same time .... which is lucky, because I CAN arrange that

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
RAAF even had its own marine section, a mate of mine went from Navy to RAAF I nearly followed but thought I'd had a gutful of salt water stayed on land.........
My boat been there's are to give my green mates something to whinge about....

Here's one thats still afloat undergoing some mods for civvy application, it still has its RAAF numbers.... they had twin V12 petrol motors and would chew thru the fuel something chronic but were great to go for a ride on (managed a run in a navy one, stunk of fuel though)......

P8200133.JPG

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
RAAF even had its own marine section, a mate of mine went from Navy to RAAF I nearly followed but thought I'd had a gutful of salt water stayed on land.........

Here's one thats still afloat undergoing some mods for civvy application, it still has its RAAF numbers.... they had twin V12 petrol motors and would chew thru the fuel something chronic but were great to go for a ride on (managed a run in a navy one, stunk of fuel though)......

P8200133.JPG
In the fifties I did a camp at Rathmines, they had a bunch of these planing around Lake Macquarie, really fast boats!

Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

P8200133.JPG
JFKs torpedo boat was PT109, but his was in the water not at the airport :)

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
I managed a ride on one of the RAAF crash boats during my school cadet days (Air Training Corp). Don’t try to figure how long ago that was. :bolt:
The most exciting part of my high school days in the ATC was a circle round the airport in Maryborough QLD in a DC3 and crawling around inside a Canberra bomber in the maintenance area at Amberley. Both of which were fantastic experiences at the time. 1966-68. I seem to very vaguely remember sitting in the cockpit of a Sabre Jet.

Take care
Mike

Last edited:

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD

P8200133.JPG
Hi Drover....were you at Albatross by any chance??...