Boating and fishing

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The history of Flying Boats in Australia both wartime and civvy makes for a very interesting bit of history, its amazing the places they flew from.... I love tracking down an aircrafts history, some make for some great reads........ especially the flying boats which ended up as a houseboat on the Murray River or a chook shed.

I have taken pics of my slides using a stretched sheet over a wall with my camera on a tri pod, I found using a screen no good as the dimples were picked up in the shot but the sheet was excellant to use....... I have a unit that will digitize a negative or slide but its a pain to use, very clunky operation...........

Nothing at all to do with fishing and vaguely to do with boats, just twiddling away till the fish are biting again..............

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Back to boats, my Centre Console isolation inspiration is turning into a money pit as I find all the little bits and bobs that will be needed ............. might just be easier to sell the Busta 420 and buy a centre console boat................... weather is looking good for Saturday might be able to make a break for the water, a 3km fast drive before dawn to the boat ramp, that way when i'm going home the fish shop will be open for the Sea Hunter to return victorious, having cleaned and packaged the spoils earlier while washing the boat down at the ramp...:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Went to Duxford Flying Legends airshow a couple of years ago.What a display,6 hours of flying warbirds..Fifteen Spits eight P51 Mustangs,five 109s,three lockheed Lightnings,plus Others like the B17 all flying in the final flypast .

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Cheeky poacher........ You need to have fishing equipment , no need to show results of use of said equipment.....

Reactions: DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Ok, back on topic. Idle time has convinced me to pop out (eventually) to the non essential BCF and grab a bait caster, just because Im bored and way over thinking ... what's the brains trust real experience with them (if anyone has got any extensive experience) For the record catch totals are irrelevant because my interest expires once the bait hits the water, whatever happens after the is elementary

Reactions: Drover

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I rushed out and bought one thought I was the ducks guts, my sone turned up with a really nice little spinner 1,000,000 times easier and better !! The only reason I took the pictures then is I had to get up and get another beer anyway lol
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Lol, I just cleaned mine up, it has the same markings anyway and its very bluddy nice to use, the bait is ready, boat is ready and for my birthday tomorrow even though tides not great I'll be down the boat ramp at sparrow, rip out on the outgoing to a nice sandbar and give the yabby pump a work out, then totally knackered but armed with delectable wriggly things will proceed to decimate the fish population in Tin Can Bay, failing a haul of nippers I have my my Squid Rigs all ready to go so we are getting serious, this is all reliant on me not finding quick sand when I jump from boat to sand bar,not having my kids around I can't throw them ot first to test the waters...lol,lol,lol.
PS: This is going to happen Dave, don't know about pics as I nearly dropped my phone in the Oggen last time.......but if I catch something it will be worth it, hang on if I drop it in the drink then nobody would know anyway, aarrgghh Catch 22 !!!!!!!! ...... Proper XXXX here none of that Italian dishwater..

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
My dad once said there is no such thing as a bad beer some are just better than others, obviously he never tried XXXX just about the only beer I can’t drink (unless it’s free of course)

Reactions: Crusty181

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Lol, I just cleaned mine up, it has the same markings anyway and its very bluddy nice to use, the bait is ready, boat is ready and for my birthday tomorrow even though tides not great I'll be down the boat ramp at sparrow, rip out on the outgoing to a nice sandbar and give the yabby pump a work out, then totally knackered but armed with delectable wriggly things will proceed to decimate the fish population in Tin Can Bay, failing a haul of nippers I have my my Squid Rigs all ready to go so we are getting serious, this is all reliant on me not finding quick sand when I jump from boat to sand bar,not having my kids around I can't throw them ot first to test the waters...lol,lol,lol.
PS: This is going to happen Dave, don't know about pics as I nearly dropped my phone in the Oggen last time.......but if I catch something it will be worth it, hang on if I drop it in the drink then nobody would know anyway, aarrgghh Catch 22 !!!!!!!! ...... Proper XXXX here none of that Italian dishwater..
Happy birthday for tomorrow and enjoy your fishing.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I rushed out and bought one thought I was the ducks guts, my sone turned up with a really nice little spinner 1,000,000 times easier and better !! The only reason I took the pictures then is I had to get up and get another beer anyway lol View attachment 64900View attachment 64901View attachment 64902View attachment 64903
so ... we're saying don't bother???. Ive got plenty of egg beaters, and Ive got BCF gift cards. Im uncomfortable with the idea of 'experimenting' on whims with my own cash, but with gift cards ... who cares. I like the idea of an easy (once i get used to it) one handed flick. The word on the street is they are more accurate in rivers and around snags despite the required learning curve ??

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
As I ventured to the set up bay at our boat ramp I noticed an official QLD GOV sign saying WE Can Go Fishing, I was anyhow but nice to know....... with the weather looking ominous ( read yucky) I headed of out in to Inlet and zoomed down the bay on a dropping tide, sounder went all spazzo so when I looked down to see what was wrong , the screen said 8.5mts as I hit the sand bar, bustard thing, luckily I hit tilt before the choppers bit into the sand.... once back in water with a few fathoms underneath we proceeded to decimate the Toad population, in between the odd bit of rain, then I noticed a big black cloud so opened the throttle and belted up the bay at a nice 18kts, the storm missed and I caught 2 fishies, very pretty ones which i have no idea what they are, too small anyway so back they went and by 1100 I had enough so went home for someone birthday cake, its now 1600 and I live in hope for some cake, I fear I might be out of luck....but I still have easter eggs..........................The yabbies might have to wait till later this week.

20200414_081649.jpg

20200414_092418_Burst01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluey and mfexpanda

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
As I ventured to the set up bay at our boat ramp I noticed an official QLD GOV sign saying WE Can Go Fishing, I was anyhow but nice to know....... with the weather looking ominous ( read yucky) I headed of out in to Inlet and zoomed down the bay on a dropping tide, sounder went all spazzo so when I looked down to see what was wrong , the screen said 8.5mts as I hit the sand bar, bustard thing, luckily I hit tilt before the choppers bit into the sand.... once back in water with a few fathoms underneath we proceeded to decimate the Toad population, in between the odd bit of rain, then I noticed a big black cloud so opened the throttle and belted up the bay at a nice 18kts, the storm missed and I caught 2 fishies, very pretty ones which i have no idea what they are, too small anyway so back they went and by 1100 I had enough so went home for someone birthday cake, its now 1600 and I live in hope for some cake, I fear I might be out of luck....but I still have easter eggs..........................The yabbies might have to wait till later this week.

View attachment 64906

View attachment 64907
they are called whiptails ,one of the fish you catch for live bait then end up eating when nothing big comes along, you usually catch them on sandy bottom near a reef

Reactions: Drover and Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@DRW @Bluey come on guys, how many times can you wheel out your old triumphs.

@Crusty181 why did you ask if you were going to buy one anyway?
Id seen your conquest photo twice when i asked, (and 3 times now). 2 decent fish pics, or the same fish pic twice qualified you as an expert. When the same pic appeared again for the 3rd time, i changed my mind. ;)

Reactions: DRW and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I was thinking doing the same but I was sure someone would have my fish pic on their wall and dob me in.......... Thanks for the Birthday wishes Gentlemen, 66 clicky click, bluddy hell...