Boating and fishing

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Another good day out in the SS Bluey drove all around the inlet pulling up on another island for kids to play no serious fishing its hard to get into it with the kids 2 mins in can we go now ?????? But they like driveing around had boat flat out by myself in the boat it surly gets up and boggies skipping across the surface then we all had dolphins surrounding the boat
Last nights fireworks where a blast great show and a pic from water looking back to caravan park
Screenshot_20200101-172702.png Screenshot_20200101-172625.png

Screenshot_20200101-172638.png Screenshot_20200101-170635.png

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Well after being pointed in the right direction (thanks @Drover) I found this page I didn't know existed

We took the boat out into Hervey Bay today as the wind finally dropped enough, we thought we would take a run out to the 8 mile and when it blows up we will have the wind behind us for the run home. Turned out the wind abated and the seas became quite flat so we went for a run over to the fairway boy off Urnagun, lost count of the wild life in the bay, dolphind, turtles, dugongs and even a hugh tiger shark cruising under the boat! Anyway here are some pics of our day.
The fairway buoy to Burrum river we averaged 20 Knotts not a bad run!!
59988298972__1ABFB677-F080-4EC4-BDD3-1AC4074969D2.jpg
59988356639__8B5277BB-4C18-40D4-AF52-AEFB637068DF.jpg
IMG_2814.jpg
IMG_2828.jpg
59988298972__1ABFB677-F080-4EC4-BDD3-1AC4074969D2.jpg
59988356639__8B5277BB-4C18-40D4-AF52-AEFB637068DF.jpg
IMG_2814.jpg
IMG_2828.jpg
59988548912__C4EEDC78-3608-4E31-B9A4-8660A7651A8A.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Very noice I must say, I better get out there, fish must be starving.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Went out day on the good ship lollie pop, which has been temporarily re-named to the Covid Cruiser. Been a bit of online fallout down here in Mexico directed against people daring to go fishing. Quite a few local councils have closed ramps. Obviously Im not getting the big issue with going fishing, i would have thought its much less social, and much larger distancing than what even the most conscientious peeps are achieving.

Anyhoo, beautiful day on the water today.

Troopy for scale.

20200331_174941.jpg

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Queensland has now banned all recreational boating. You may still go out on a kayak or a SUP for exercise but the two people only and a metre and a half apart. No boating just to get out on the water.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We can still go out in our boats here in QLD ........... they changed the rules again.......

Transport and Main Roads Minister Mark Bailey clarified the rules for boaties amid the evolving pandemic – while also deleting then editing a tweet he had sent earlier.
“If you own a boat and want to head out in the water in your local community to fish for food this weekend, you can,” Mr Bailey said.
“If you need your boat to travel locally in your community, you can still do that.
“If you want to head out on your kayak or stand up paddleboard for exercise, you still can.

Boat ramps remain open for boaties, and commercial fishing and crabbing activities are allowed to continue as normal.

The two-person rule for public gatherings and social distancing principles must still be adhered to.
(Extract from Courier Mail Online 31MAR)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Queensland has now banned all recreational boating. You may still go out on a kayak or a SUP for exercise but the two people only and a metre and a half apart. No boating just to get out on the water.
*** RANT*** Walk away now

Local fishing seems to be a quandary for the overpaid underachieving beauracracy, and they are struggling with it. I suspect the Cluster of Clowns will jump on it here in Mexico too. There have been contradictions, lunacy, and incompetence in the bazaar list of restrictions being forced down our throats by floundering morons that are way out of their depth, (eg haircuts, voting, funerals, weddings, trains, shopping centres, cruise ships etc etc) but the only consistent factor is the mindless state-sanctioned blind misery. Forget distancing, it's the public being tortured by Circus Clowns that will kill the virus.

Over a week ago the Cluster of Clowns, Deputy Chief Medical Jester issued an order under State of Emergency legislation that hospitals are now in a lockout, banning all non-essential entry. Yesterday (obviously not getting that memo) the largest trauma hospital in Vic, the Alfred in Melb, rang the Princess and invited her in for a non-urgent, non-essential, non-invasive procedure because they'd had a wave of cancellations and needed something to do .... but I apparently shouldn't go fishing??

They seem to struggle with an activity that slots nicely into all the restrictions (including even the stupid ones), but is uniquely missing the misery factor .... the answer is of course ban it anyway, we can't have people safely enjoying themselves, because anything with the "Absence of Misery" spreads disease. I would love to debate with the Cluster of Clowns the finer points of the differences btw boats, kayaks and SUPs and their individual capacities to thwart the spread of the virus. We can (and are encouraged) to walk or exercise daily and many many do. We live a 5 min walk from the beach ... and the beach paths. We can walk on the beach path, but not on the sand right next to the beach path. All the people that would ordinarily be on the sand have now added to the congestion on the beach paths, making "distancing" all but impossible.

I have zero faith in these idiots.

Myself, I will continue to fish, ill just tow the kayak behind the boat, get the Princess to give me a quick haircut while we're out there during the reaffirmation of our vows.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
They did the same with gunshops, closing them all down because of some supposed increase in folk wanting guns pity they dont know their own regulations, long arms and handguns can take you a month or so while handguns if you dont have a licence will take you at least 10 months and long arms a few months, since they have banned group gatherings it wouldnt be possible anyway as you need to do safety courses, each state seems to follow the other in knee jerk reactions.emails have got the gun shop rules revised as well as the fishing farce. Funny I havent found any official declaration about the fishing other than newspaper....dont count the fools on faceache.
But we can still go fishing so long as its local.....and for food....we will starve if we had to rely on me for a catch.

I must say the WA and Vic governments are making our nongs in QLD look good.

Reactions: chartrock

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
we will starve if we had to rely on me for a catch
If there was a clause in the legislation saying you actually need to know what youre doing with fishing gear, we'd all be in jail.

Vic governments are making our nongs in QLD look good
Don't pump up the tyres of our Clowns. You can't get out it that easily with the old, "our dummies are dumber than your dummies"

we are all fucded it was a matter of time till our system of fools collapsed its happening now we mite survive the virus but will we survive the govenment
Hang on, it was only a few days back when you thought Id given up on life that you started circling my gear like a bloody vulture. What good stuff do you have for redistribution to the Strong of Will

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
According to the ABC today fishing by boat in QLD is still banned their reason is because a lot of boats have been breaking down or running out of fuel and the coast guard has to come to their aid and most coast guard volunteers are in the high risk age group so in a way people have brought this upon themselves really!! Anyway the boat ramp car park here is half full?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
According to the ABC today fishing by boat in QLD is still banned their reason is because a lot of boats have been breaking down or running out of fuel and the coast guard has to come to their aid and most coast guard volunteers are in the high risk age group so in a way people have brought this upon themselves really!! Anyway the boat ramp car park here is half full?
Would that be a fair (and honest) assessment???, or just making up "facts" to suit a convenient outcome. We need to have paddles here as part of our safety equipment, so I suppose we'll be right in Mexico even tho my paddles are barely long enough to reach the water, and my freeboard is only 40mm... ha

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have compleate faith in our fearless leaders doing the hard yards going where no pollie has gone before makeing all the right decisions as there all so highly trained given tbe chance they will kill us all as planes continue to land highly trained scholars like some peanut not knowing anything about law enforcement given the police portfolio and the house wife given health we are all fucded it was a matter of time till our system of fools collapsed its happening now we mite survive the virus but will we survive the govenment

Now thats just the best April Fools joke i've come across today, well done @Bluey but don't walk outside the lightning or pig shite might get you.

Our government can far exceed the stupidity of other governments, just takes ours a bit longer @Crusty181 , since when is the ABC taken notice of, The Courier Mail said we can so it must be okay............. besides in our place boats outnumber people .

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Any wonder i have zero faith in our leadership, and take zero notice of what the oxygen thieves come out with.

These signs just this morning plastered all over the access points along the local beach. Just wankers

IMG_20200401_125926.jpg

Reactions: Drover and DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Any wonder i have zero faith in our leadership, and take zero notice of what the oxygen thieves come out with.

These signs just this morning plastered all over the access points along the local beach. Just wankers

View attachment 64830
... and the top signs says "Thankyou for your understanding" How could any understand this ludicous mix message of lies

Reactions: Bluey and Drover

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland

@Crusty181 , there will always be hyenas around to pick and crunch up any of your bones that others have been left!! Stick around to keep them off!!

Reactions: Crusty181