17' Series Blueys 2014 1756-2 outback

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Many years ago, probably before a lot of you were born, my dream machine was a Toyota Dyna with a front diff and transfer case, go anywhere and carry heaps of gear, never did get around to building it.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol and Bluey

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Many years ago, probably before a lot of you were born, my dream machine was a Toyota Dyna with a front diff and transfer case, go anyway and carry heaps of gear, never did get around to building it.

my brother-in-law had one like that
but as he was a big bugga - he also chopped the roof off so his head could fit

he used to tow a Glass trailer with it as well as camping
lasted longer than his 2 x 60 series cruisers and his Fairlane for towing 2T of glass allover the metro area

Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Here I am, @Bluey and @davemc, fear not. The paid up Navara fan club has arrived. We've been down this path @Bluey, and nothing has changed. The Navara is still the mightiest vehicle ever, and to prove it I wouldn't have one if it wasn't.

Watch the circling vultures and nay sayers descend, but nothing can diss the Mighty Navara with its higher power to weight than every Landcruiser ever built including the $120k Sahara, ouch, thats seem like good value. Not sure what those extra 2 Landcruiser cylinders do, but it manages to spew out more pollution. The Navara has a higher payload, lower fuel consumption, cheaper servicing and pulls harder than the Indian Pacific. Its the preferred vehicle of the future King of England, the Dalai Lama, Ned Flanders, pulls heaps of chicks (the car, not the Flanders) and its almost a religious experience owning one .... and its the only true 4x4 to come in Lightning Silver

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
About the only affordable practical .. bar the back seats ... but plenty of room for stuff in the tub would be what im told is a mighty V6 Navara 550NM heaps of power 6000kg gvm im sure @Crusty181 will chime in here with a few more specs thanks Ian take it away

if you cannot find the Navara (they all want drug money for them) what about the 550 Pathfinder - the Navara's wagon brother

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
There are many good ones around @bigcol in the land where its in stock and cheap
View attachment 58064 View attachment 58065 View attachment 58066
Just a few on offer but im busy at home this weekend and getting to close to Christmas couldnt take i car i just brought away so next year maybe
But you never know thanks for support @Crusty181 you know if i get one and its crap i will be knocking at your door or you can help to pay its expenses lol
If something goes wrong, it will be like Pharlap all over again.

(Eyes peeled. You just cant trust Toyota and Holden owners mate; they creep me out with their envy, blubbering and tears)

Reactions: mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thank goodness this is @Bluey s page so wandering can be okay.......................I actually wouldn't mind your engine in my wagons superior body @Crusty181 , the biggest let down I think in the Colorado is the old Italian tractor engine, it's okay but would like more grunt........but I am not envious as I have this Ute nearly how I want it and the thought of having to set up all over again fills me with dread, over 40 yrs of modding vehicles, I'm over it all now...........................

Hey @Bluey Dog, when you get around to getting a new set of wheels will probably be about the time I get my boat, no need to rush into these things.........................I'll get my boat and then the washing machine, fridge etc will croak and I'll be up the creek for sure.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
If something goes wrong, it will be like Pharlap all over again.

(Eyes peeled. You just cant trust Toyota and Holden owners mate; they creep me out with their envy, blubbering and tears)
Before i got into Toyotas i was very much into my holdens hz prem wagon took me everywhere and many others before that i had a D22 navara sold that real quick im going to take a lot of convinceing that the D40 with its no room in engine bay so any work to be done needs more work moving stuff so they can work
Will be interesting i just have to bye a good one

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Got this old 1957 caravan book off mum today its great all the lastest stuff evan how to build a van ... caravan laws ... camp sites from all over australia heaps of good advice so if anyone wants to know anything im all over it there was a post somwhere for old stuff dont know where it is
View attachment 58214 View attachment 58215 View attachment 58216 View attachment 58217 View attachment 58218 View attachment 58219 View attachment 58220 View attachment 58221 View attachment 58222
Some genuine hand tooled timber joinery in those "blue prints". A lost art form I afraid.

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Im sure you could do it @Crusty181
Its such a great book glad i got it she had a pile of new van books 50 high i didnt want them no real time to look at so many i also got books from the queens corranation 1953 i think and news papers the Argus proclaiming the Kings death and news papers from the melbourne games also 1953 i think lighting the flame on front page

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Im sure you could do it @Crusty181
Its such a great book glad i got it she had a pile of new van books 50 high i didnt want them no real time to look at so many i also got books from the queens corranation 1953 i think and news papers the Argus proclaiming the Kings death and news papers from the melbourne games also 1953 i think lighting the flame on front page
Theyre possible worth a few dollars .... maybe enough for a 200 series

DaveR

Mar 13, 2017
Gold Coast
Bluey, the recent holiday pics, are they the Grampians? If so, which park, Lake side near the dam wall perhaps?

Place looks great, I hope to call in on the way home from Perth in Jan.

DaveR

Mar 13, 2017
Gold Coast
Its going to be hard for me to put my hand up on a date, we're following the coast from WA, so I am not sure when I'll be near by.
I think I'll be in the Rat again for few days (Ballarat).

Reactions: bigcol

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
hey, I can understand if someone is say 100-300kgs over............ not hard to do

its the nomads, with their 4wd loaded to the hilt (with boat on the roof) towing a massive 20+ foot van, that on its own is close to their towing max with a folding boat trailer on the very back next to the 3 x 20L jerry cans

these are the people who are more than likely near on 1T over the limit
Hey Big Col....the worst I have seen in the last few months was a 20 year old well known brand van , single axle , with a ATM of 1600 and it weighed in at 2200kgs, 600 over..Dave from WEIGHCHECK www.mobilecaravanweighing.com.au