Bike rack almost fell off

Alan

Feb 3, 2012
Altona Vic
@davemc, newcastle is flooding so hard right now I dare not go outside to look! We're supposed to be leaving for Harrington from Newcastle tomorrow after work, which could be a mission with the East Coast low hitting locally around 6am. But, at the soonest time I'll have a good look inside and see if there is any bolt head evidence internally at the rear near cupboards and mirror..... I reckon hanging the 60 kg max Fiamma weight off the back wall needs very precise anchoring through the ally studs as suggested!
No bike rack on car or van. 5 minutes to pull the front wheels and peddles off, roll the back seats forward and fit perfectly between the rear storage box and the front seats.

As a bonus no-one else can come with us then.
We gave up as well, to much time loading and unloading etc. Bought an Aldi fold up which gets you around locally.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
local Jayco dealer got back to me yes our van has provisioning for a bike rack.
Although now the big question did they drill the holes where the provisioning is :confused-87:
Van back on 18th Feb so find out then.

Got a few other things to look at:
Washing machine leaking somewhere :(
Middle awning arm pulled out again
Water pump gets stuck on although does not pump I gather air problems.. No hand pump in sink to pump it out like the 17'
and our 3rd water tank does not empty at all its connected to the tank next to it although that one empties the other is left full :(

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
no idea it looks plumbed from the front to the second tank. so you think it suck through.
my three tanks are two forward of the axles and one rear. The third I look at as the front one as its not normally there.. Although on drifter its tank 1.
I was thinking future I run a line and setup a filter tap and use the front for drinking water only.
Then put a grey water in the rear..
Although need to wait for our big trip or free camping, at the moment we go parks only.

Went to have a look at pump see if I could bleed the air, checked and working again :(

Checked Solar and its working now never showed charging before.. ran radio and everything 12v it got down to 12.9v then started charging. Sunny was getting 6amp in the solar controller is under the bed facing inward. Easier to see :)

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
should update the old thread.. Yes provisioned and had bracing although some idiot thought it was fine to put screws in only.
Van now back and there is now bolts through into wardrobe and near the mirror.
If anyone gets one put on after being assembled in the factory please check :)
33561-f4997365875777e5dd390067fed6f115.jpg 33562-b87fdd6d891626fcb2ce2be2e7c29821.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
should update the old thread.. Yes provisioned and had bracing although some idiot thought it was fine to put screws in only.
Van now back and there is now bolts through into wardrobe and near the mirror.
If anyone gets one put on after being assembled in the factory please check :)
33561-f4997365875777e5dd390067fed6f115.jpg 33562-b87fdd6d891626fcb2ce2be2e7c29821.jpg
Good news theyve come to the rescue. Funny how what appears to be a potentially big problem, ends up easier to fix than your old TV coax