Just Browsing Awning LED's on the Awning Barrel

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yeppers - good job mate

now if only I could convince myself to do this mod.......................

maybe.............

nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Reactions: dagree

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
I've got some, just have not fitted them yet.................

still trying to decide where to fit them

Col, I put mine on the Van itself stuck under the strip that holds the awning
reason for this was when we sit under the awning we usually have our back to the van and so we are not staring at the lights.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Holy Flamin Hell.....$178.................I buy the stuff on Ebay, 5m roll for $10, cut off what I want solder on wire , a bit of heat shrink and away we go, lights I made 3 years ago still going strong........................and like @NoWorries mines mounted on van, doesn't glare and can be used at any time.

Last edited:

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Holy Flamin Hell.....$178.................I buy the stuff on Ebay, 5m roll for $10, cut off what I want solder on wire , a bit of heat shrink and away we go, lights I made 3 years ago still going strong........................and like @NoWorries mines mounted on van, doesn't glare and can be used at any time.

I could have repaired it for $4 as it turned out, oh well that's what you get for assuming.

The LED strip on the van is a good idea, now I can tap into the power, I might run a strip (of the $10 stufff along the van wall so I have them on both sides.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I think weve all done that at some time @Bellbird , most annoying. When Ive mounted it on walls, cleaned the surface with metho then after I've stuck it down with the doublesided tape I've put a dob of clear gutter silastic at either end and in a couple of spots along it to ensure it stays put, used gutter sealant as it doesnt discolour.

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
I think weve all done that at some time @Bellbird , most annoying. When Ive mounted it on walls, cleaned the surface with metho then after I've stuck it down with the doublesided tape I've put a dob of clear gutter silastic at either end and in a couple of spots along it to ensure it stays put, used gutter sealant as it doesnt discolour.

Same here

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
When i installed my own version of led lights on my roller, i found the seam on my awning was not large enough for a wire so mine is a ‘loose’ wire from roller to van. Works fine. Might also add a strip on the van itself so we can use it even when the awning is not fully extended.
My power strip is plugged into a socket on my van wall light so i can actually plug other strips in and remote control them if needed.
Check my home made version found in post #20
https://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/marv_marts-panda.5178/

Reactions: Drover

09 expanda

Dec 21, 2018
Queensland
I have an aftermarket light strip fitted from eBay 12 volts shines like day time compared to anex light and just run the cable along the top bars and plug it into the cigarette lighter cost $10 lasted a year few lights have started to die from water