All non essential travel canceled

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Have i said my brother works in a call centre in Qld he lives on the border with Nsw the call centre for centrelink he handels students he reckons 500 in his call centre and more pileing in hope the govenment is keeping them 1.5 meters apart fat chance he says there jam packed on a good day
Ive got my sat tv set up in the van so kids dont have to watch this stuff on Tv will overseas compaines now snap up our strugeling companys like brought out by China they will soon have it all .....hope not

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
The government needs to be very careful on the buy ups (that's all I'm saying)
I swallowed my pride today and actually voted against my ideals, I drove past the polling booth and it was empty so I thought instead of the drama just go and vote but I'm still against the whole idea, our village is full of old farts and only has a population of around 1100 most would have postal voted or phone voted anyway.
@Bluey I'm glad you're off the public transport system I hope you havent' had this retched virus passed onto you, stay safe everybody this thing is real

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
you been reading too many conspiracy sites @Bluey
Although I cannot by land or farms in China.. No idea why they can buy everything here. First they brought the politicians.
simpsons-memes-two-party-system.jpg

Going to be a long road ahead.. Hopefully we start making things in Australia again

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Well,
here I go again.

Seems there is no end to federal government generosity when it comes to putting up over 50 international tourists from the cruise ship Artania in private hospitals in Perth without cost.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03...nia-patients-set-for-perth-hospitals/12099372

The government will also pay two weeks hotel accommodation for ALL overseas arrivals whilst the are in quarantine.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03...-force-international-arrivals-hotels/12097312

Pity that their generosity didn't extend to paying for charter flights to fly Australians home who are trapped in Peru.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03...ss-out-coronavirus-evacuation-flight/12099380

No, they can rot over there until they cough up over $5,000 per person to get back home.

Tasmania has announced mandatory 14 day quarantine at government facilities for all arrivals. I can't find out who is paying for the accommodation.
Seems that if you are returning from overseas intending to go home to Tasmania, you will be quarantined for 14 days after your international flight lands and after that for another 14 days when you get home to Tasmania.

Mike

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
problem about the 14 day isolation. they are not testing those asymptomatic.
Instead of testing everyone that comes in they only testing those with symptoms
The rest can wait 14 days and be released which seems stupid.

People like Richard Wilkins who would not of been tested if he not met someone famous.
14 days and he still tested positive.
Trying again now.. Not had a symptom at all.. was great he was found to have it.
Imagine who he shook hands with by now 14 days later. He get around more then those rich pricks from Aspen
https://www.newidea.com.au/richard-wilkins-reveals-how-he-is-trying-to-get-rid-of-coronavirus

Reactions: mikerezny

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
problem about the 14 day isolation. they are not testing those asymptomatic.
My bother in law lives on his own and developed some symptoms. Quite understandably he got a little concerned and rang the Corona Cuddle Care Line where he was summarily told to bugger off, suck it up and to just keep an eye on it ..... keep an eye on what???

Covid 19 isnt the real problem, the actual pandemic Govt incompetence, inconsistency and lack of leadership ..... (and no @Bluey, you cant have my plank)

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
No @davemc its just how it is well before this started ......yes @DRW i am off the trains and no havent caught it at the moment im ok bar a list of ailments that come along with age if any one is sick at all carnt go to work we would evan keep going with man flu you know how bad that can be but no snotty nose nothing so just hope i get to keep going the wife and kids all have snotty noses like kids always do .....evan if anyone spits on the ground at work kicked of site for good if they see you do it only hope i dont get a fly or bug that sometimes find there way in your mouth
Big toolbox monday morning about all this stuff
Because rod laver is full on with international tennis we have to have this outside show cort thats sunken into the ground with a few thousand seats around it finnished by next aus open im so glad to be there

Reactions: DRW

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Stay safe @Bluey at least you are isolated for most of the day in the cabin.
A few years ago I worked home 1-2 days a week it has been increasing over the last 2 years. I normally go in 1 day a week of late :)
Most of our team is in India and they never start doing things to around 5pm Melb time. Even though they get in around 1pm. Then blame us for their delays.
I found I get stuck in office to after 7pm and get home after 8pm. So started working from home more so I can see family and kids.
For me used to chatting online with work mates and catch up on the phone.

The whole Chinese yeah I agree. Lots of houses around me been brought up by China and are empty. Then you wonder why rents are high.
No idea why we let the country be brought out.
Read some crazy site the other week about how China playing the long game with Australia.
Although maybe they are right. Just have to look at those at the beach yesterday and you understand we have a lot of stupid people here :)

Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
lots of grey nomads got through beforehand as they where given enough time to leave southern states.. hope they all germ free...
small towns do not need it to spread.

Can only hope they picked a good spot as they won't be able to move elsewhere.....

Reactions: davemc