All non essential travel canceled

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Gate closing SA, TAS and NT so looks like it........starting Tuesday so no doubt others will follow....think Ill just stay home and sit on the beach.

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Scomo just announced all clubs, licensed premises and restaurants to be closed, coffee shops etc only allowed to sell takeaway. This is country wide.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
It is essential i get to the dig tree at easter and cameron corner can say im going to rellows cattel farm to live there to get out of this state ????? Carnt i .... please let me out dont care if i carnt get back in

Reactions: davemc

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Scomo is the smileing assassin evan when hes serious he looks like hes not serious looks like he allways got a smile on his dial

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Yes we where of both weeks of holidays RACV Inverloch then Anchor Belle Phillip Island. I assume cancel now.
Pretty don't be rude some idiots ruined it for everyone else.
Be great if those who where asked to Self Isolate just did so. Although should have closed things up a lot earlier.
Not like you cannot look elsewhere and see how &(&(*&( it is.

Maybe instead of letting people off cruise ships where they pinky promise they are not sick.
They stay in a hotel room and not go out we promise :(
They could off handled things better.
Look at Bondi last week wonder how many tourists on 2 weeks holidays just stayed in their rooms.

Maybe ads with this guy about spreading disease at the greatest ease would help.

Newsletter_Feb10_Bye%20bye%20louie%20the%20fly.jpg

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Yesterday we had the decision made for us. We were due to leave on a 6 month lap this weekend - thats postponed. Fingers crossed we will try again either Jan or Mar 2021.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Yesterday we had the decision made for us. We were due to leave on a 6 month lap this weekend - thats postponed. Fingers crossed we will try again either Jan or Mar 2021.
That’s a shame @Macca_75, all the planning and preparation all for nothing. I hope you can organise it for a future time. Did you have to get time from work?

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
That’s a shame @Macca_75, all the planning and preparation all for nothing. I hope you can organise it for a future time. Did you have to get time from work?
It was long Service leave. Sadly the van is being unpacked today.

Many parks are asking people to leave if they are not self contained. As states shut down I also suspect so will the tourist places, local cafe's and dining, etc. It's a less than ideal time to travel.

Reactions: Drover

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Sad Macca. Well all the cafe's etc shut now.
Small towns really do not need someone spreading this around.
Not you mate although lots of people been told to stay put then still go out.
So now the rest of us are paying for those less then smart people.
I should have specified @davemc - I was referring to the controls in Vic (as far as I am aware a cafe is considered to be non essential). Happy to be corrected here.

But the situation is so fluid at the moment what I type is possibly out of date by the time I post it.

Also on a unrelated topic but an indication of how this corner of the world is going, NZ just went to stage 3 lockdown (I work for a large Trans Tasman company)

Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I asked a ticket officer today if trains are stopping he said no there essential realy are they either stop everything or dont
And all the PSO public service officers like police should get off the stations with bugger all people and in the supermarkets to help staff with stupid people
So sad @Macca_75 to pack and un pack so close to each other at least you dont have to clean everything
All the border closures ive only heard here not on news or evan the sudo people in power
So glad we have strong powerfull leadership at the moment NOT

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
QLD has closed the gate, well soon anyway, any one entering has to lay doggo for 14 days but It may be like SA, you sit and stay at the border not just travel to where you want............... pubs/clubs closed, indoor venues closed, supermarkets open, chemist open, petrol stations open, gun shops open, gyms and physio's closed our golf club has closed, hardware shop open....................... hey @DRW pick a border crossing that has a nice camp spot, I would aim for Texas myself................ being isolated in an isolated area may backfire though if you get crook, locals wouldn't be happy if you cause them all to be locked up especially if its the Flying Doctor that has to be called in, visitors from interstate are now looked upon as possible carriers especially in rural areas which have buggerall services.............

Reactions: Boots in Action

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
So dose anyone know if police are just sitting at all roads that cross borders or security guards good luck if Vic and Nsw close 2 towns right on the border along with others right on it