Aldi specials

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi guys and gals...it's on again, this Saturday the 8th at Aldi...caravan covers etc! The 12v caravan lighting kit looks good too, 4 light bars and 3 dimmer switch 50,000 hrs life so I assume they're led :)

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Actually we bought the table on page 16 a while ago, been using it ever since, packs up into a carry bag, we put the weber and the gas ring and Bidgy Barby on it for cooking.

Dave

Oops edit Page 15

Reactions: Burnsy

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
As much as I appreciate a bargain.... I bloody hate Aldi. I hate the idea of buying cheap sh*t from overseas and flogging it! It REALLY sh*ts me.

Coming from a multi-generational farming family, it sucks, to see cheap crap from overseas, being flogged at prices that make Aussie competition impossible. Granted; there may not always be an Aussie made alternative, BUT I WOULD rather pay more for an item, from a store which does not actively and happily stab a knife right into our oldest, original and greatest industry; right in the back.

Long live Australia and our great agricultural heritage and future!

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Aldi has a 2HP air compressor going on Saturday. While I find the 222L/m air displacement hard to believe has anyone got one of these, and particularly used it for wheel nuts? (as a good example of 'harder' work it would need to do)
https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-...au_product_newsletter&pk_kwd=2014-04-14_17-34

I've broken my current one and looking to replace, but also considering a SuperCheap belt drive instead for $299 or Stanley at $399

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Father in law had one for his air nailers (does cabinetry work as a hobby in retirement). I think it lasted about 2 days of use. Not heavy use as was only using a small brad and t-nailer.

He has had a super cheap one for a while now and still going strong.

BJ

Roadkill

Mar 24, 2013
SA
image4.jpeg image5.jpeg
Initial tests in the shed seem pretty good. Planning on having it mounted under the overhead cupboards. Transformer output 12 volts 2 amps.
https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-...saturday-detail-wk21/ps/p/led-strip-lighting/

Now fitted....

Last edited:
Reactions: Burnsy

Bards

May 3, 2014
Blue Mountains
Hi Everyone, have been a Aldi Store manager for the last 14 years, if Anyone has any Aldi Specific Question dont be afraid to ask!

just remember that whilst we aim to have enough stock for everyone, we sometimes sell out quicker than we would like, to be safe i always say best to be a happy early bird than a disappointed sleeper innerer!!

Happy Aldi shopping!!!!!

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I saw this weeks catalogue and was wondering if this gear was any good. Had anyone got some good reviews?

We've bought heaps of "specials" from there before, so I've got no reason to suspect but thought I'd check anyhow.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I saw this weeks catalogue and was wondering if this gear was any good. Had anyone got some good reviews?

We've bought heaps of "specials" from there before, so I've got no reason to suspect but thought I'd check anyhow.

A number of these have come up before - strangly, usually just in time for Fathers Day :)
The Pajero, 4wd action, 4x4 earth all have good things to say about the winch. A couple of negatives, but by far more positives.
Likewise the compressor.
The canvas seat covers not so much - reports of a bit plastic-ey for canvas, hot to the touch and not a good fit.
Didn't find much about the recovery trads other than one user saying they broke first time out.
I've got the inverter - no issues there.

Hopefully on Sat I'll let you know about the awning, jack and HID lights... :)

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
A number of these have come up before - strangly, usually just in time for Fathers Day :)
The Pajero, 4wd action, 4x4 earth all have good things to say about the winch. A couple of negatives, but by far more positives.
Likewise the compressor.
The canvas seat covers not so much - reports of a bit plastic-ey for canvas, hot to the touch and not a good fit.
Didn't find much about the recovery trads other than one user saying they broke first time out.
I've got the inverter - no issues there.

Hopefully on Sat I'll let you know about the awning, jack and HID lights... :)

Just wondering if you can attach the awning to roof rails??? I don't have roof bars or a roof rack....yet :)

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Thanks for the input @straydingo... I've got a man on the inside as well so hopefully can get some of the things we would like... if I decide I'm not spending enough money right now!