Aldi specials

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Saw that too, would be handy to charge a battery or run a light string of leds. I love ALDI when in NSW, the grog shop is great.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
image.jpg

I got the inlaws to get me 2 of these little torches from Aldi yesterday as we were at Nagambie and have to say they are a great torch for 15 bucks each. Seem to be real good quality and fairly powerful.

Reactions: bigcol and achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yep I got one and they certainly got some output. I compared it to one of my lensors and couldnt tell the diff output wise. The spread beam is better though and although the focus slide is a tad loose it's very easy to use one handed.

Reactions: bigcol and 17triton

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Good point about the slide thingy Jim it could be a tad tighter. Good to know it keeps up with the Lenser.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Purchased the 120w solar panels today for $250.
I notice however they are not marked as having the Bosch Cells like the previous ones did.

Reactions: davemc

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Bet you were on the door step waiting for them the open :D did they have many there?

Nah I timed it perfectly, got out of the car and walked up as the doors opened. I think most of the people waiting outside are older folk just waiting for the store to open to buy everyday groceries.
There were still about 4 left. Only noticed about 5 other people with them. Everyone was grabbing the fridges and generators.

Reactions: Bushman

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Nah I timed it perfectly, got out of the car and walked up as the doors opened. I think most of the people waiting outside are older folk just waiting for the store to open to buy everyday groceries.
There were still about 4 left. Only noticed about 5 other people with them. Everyone was grabbing the fridges and generators.

Only 2 left at 10.45 didn't notice the Genie's so must have gone early.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I wandered into the one at Coffs Harbour about midday, didn't expect to see any panels there and wasn't allowed to spend any money anyway but they had about 6 panels left, Mrs D took pity and let me buy one......Yay.....no fridges though.
Gave a test run back at camp and all seemed to be working nicely, will have to put an Anderson on the lead though........

Reactions: BigSkiddy

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I wandered into the one at Coffs Harbour about midday, didn't expect to see any panels there and wasn't allowed to spend any money anyway but they had about 6 panels left, Mrs D took pity and let me buy one......Yay.....no fridges though.
Gave a test run back at camp and all seemed to be working nicely, will have to put an Anderson on the lead though........

Just a warning with these panels. My dad has had one from last year and has found every so often the regulator on the solar doesn't turn on.

In short you must see the red light (one to the right) ON when connected to your battery. If it isn't there will be about 18volts pumping into your battery.

Reactions: Drover

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
our is just on a year, a few small rips, but still pretty good. thinking of buying a spare.

just to note, buy a size larger, they are a bit tight to put on.

Reactions: FiveInAVan

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I have the cover - like all the others I've had its torn where it rubs on metal - rear bar, steps etc. But unlike the others the material hasn't degraded in nothing flat.
I also got the drinking hose last time round and favour it over what I had been using til then. Its a little softer than my old white one and does kink at times but satisfactory and no taste/smell.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
11th June specials.......................Drill powered water pump, ideal for water transfers from jerry can, mine has got a lot of use $17 well spent....Silicon Tape at $6 again good stuff and always travel with a couple of rolls,...................and they have tubes of silastic, good in the spares box..........................................if you come across their vacuum sealer units buy one, ours gets regular use, travels with us and hasn't missed a beat in 3 years with various settings is better than some others and seals not only food but my fuel, oil and air filters.