Starcraft 2014 Starcraft 17.58.3 Outback

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Just signed up to this site, as we are finalising an order for the 17.58.3 Outback. Not sure if I got a good deal or not, seemed ok, but I suck at doing deals and afterwards think i probably could have got better.
Our option list looks like this:
- Roof mount Air
- N504 164 lt fridge
- TV (but no external wind up aeriel so this will be ok at sites with coax input, apparently there is a coax input ??)
- Bike rack (looks like 2 bike is the standard and a 3rd bike extension is available)
- External Shower
Plus we got the show special
- 120w solar panel (should be 2 panels now)
- 100AH Battery (so should be 2 batteries as well)
- Side blocker and Sun Blocker for awning
- Floor matting for awning
Price we got was 42K

Also we were able to get into the July production run so will have it by mid August.
What prices did you get?
Also looking forward to seeing some of these vans in use and some mods, as I've been serching the net all week and not a lot of info I guess cause they are a new model.

sounds reasonable deal mate, well done.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah, since typing this up I'm just double checking things because we are waiting for the written contract to come through.
There was actually 2 differnt show specials shown on these vans
17.58.3 Touring model on display had Solar panel only (battery was included).
17.58.1 Outback had Solar Panel and Battery as the show special.
So I'm not actually sure which show special I'm now getting, is it the .3 special or the Outback special?? - so confusing.

Also since reading this forum today found there is an option in increase A frame length by 300mm which I did not know about as its not in the brouchure so now considering this also at $248

I was told very clearly it didn't include a 2nd battery on the outbacks. extended A frame is good IMO. does make the van a tad slow to come around when backing but gives you more room upfront for a stoneguard/bikes etc

Reactions: franko

halbster

May 13, 2014
I think you're right, they'd have to run a dual battery setup. So the show special in the end is a 2nd solar panel, and the awning shade cloth.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
we took lots of pics melb show.. tried blowing up poster.. original was full van and kids.
Something along lines *Battery only fitted to non OB and shower models (These models have a battery as standard)
see if you can push for one. we signed up beforehand so got non of this.. :(
show.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
we took lots of pics melb show.. tried blowing up poster.. original was full van and kids.
Something along lines *Battery only fitted to non OB and shower models (These models have a battery as standard)
see if you can push for one. we signed up beforehand so got non of this.. :(
View attachment 22291

keep in mind Dave, they value the 120w solar panel at something like $900 which is a bit rich. batteries are worth $300 though

halbster

May 13, 2014
But really we should have been looking at the .3 special
(Can't get the .3 special image to load but you get the idea)

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
interesting that the show price appears to be the normal retail price for the van, and a 3 % discount when you take into consideration the bonus show pack (that is if you actually want solar, sideblocker (what ever that is) and sunblocker (what ever that is). Is that the size of the discount people are getting?

halbster

May 13, 2014
The base unit price (non show apparently) is
Outback
17.58.1 = $38,080 (show price was $36,587 so roughly 3%)
17.58.3 = $42,070 (show price was $40,390 so roughly 3%)

Touring
17.58.1 = $33,610
17.58.3 = $37,870

So differnt ways of cutting up and showing the $ I guess

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
The problem at the shows is that you have salesmen from all the dealerships there. So it would be one almighty sh1+fight if they all started cutting deals as people would just walk around the sales staff, this is all under the watchful eye of Jayco . Get them on there home turf and then go for it.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yep it does. But with that deal you get 2x 120watt panels. The sun blockers are privacy screens , not sure which ones

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
interesting that the show price appears to be the normal retail price for the van, and a 3 % discount when you take into consideration the bonus show pack (that is if you actually want solar, sideblocker (what ever that is) and sunblocker (what ever that is). Is that the size of the discount people are getting?
The sun blocker is the privacy screen

Joanne

Dec 10, 2013
Adelaide
The problem at the shows is that you have salesmen from all the dealerships there. So it would be one almighty sh1+fight if they all started cutting deals as people would just walk around the sales staff, this is all under the watchful eye of Jayco . Get them on there home turf and then go for it.

At the Adelaide C&C show, the Salesman we had was from Melbourne and he upgraded our Solar Panel to 150W where the "show special" was 90W and this caused a little disagreement with Management in front of us between the 2 of them. The Melbourne Salesman pointed out to the Manger that as we free camped alot 90W was not sufficient for us and 150W would be better. He also included the strip LED in the awning for us at no extra cost, but it did turn up without it and it has since been fitted for us at the Adelaide Dealership.

He was looking after us as this is our 4th van from Jayco but nonethe less they weren't impressed with him upgrading!!.

On saying all of this though, the Adelaide guys have always looked after us and given us good service over the years.

Reactions: cruza driver