Starcraft 2014 Starcraft 17.58.3 Outback

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Oh ok so your going triple bunk as well so like ours 17-58.1 yes second gas bottle extra.
Yes storage on extra bunk or friends when they bigger or someone to come along and. Ind them :)
Sorry title has -3 which is shower/toilet model.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Well we keep hoping the older boys will help although been to play centers where I ask the older ones where are the twins. They say somewhere up the top:) and as you know just because they are twins does not mean the run the same direction.
We will try head to toe in bottom bunk.. Although I am think to break it up and cage the front he he maybe a couple of dog cages ........ I liked the fact the kids beds up the other end of the front door.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
With the external shower consider where it is mounted, as it protrudes about 300mm into the interior of the van inside a cupboard.
Mine comes into the wardrobe which has buggered up the space. It's probably one thing I regret getting on the van.
You could easily set up your own external shower by tapping into the plumbing under the van.
Also the extra tank and bottle are included in the internal shower model.

If your restricted in height get them to delete the shower roof hatch and put a window in the poptop section.

Reactions: achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
With the external shower consider where it is mounted, as it protrudes about 300mm into the interior of the van inside a cupboard.
Mine comes into the wardrobe which has buggered up the space. It's probably one thing I regret getting on the van.
You could easily set up your own external shower by tapping into the plumbing under the van.
Also the extra tank and bottle are included in the internal shower model.

If your restricted in height get them to delete the shower roof hatch and put a window in the poptop section.

Yep I wouldn't waste my money on the external shower again. Bit different I suppose if you don't have and internal one. But they are certainly not a "quality" or "neat" option.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Yep I wouldn't waste my money on the external shower again. Bit different I suppose if you don't have and internal one. But they are certainly not a "quality" or "neat" option.
We loved our outdoor shower. Great to wash the kids off after beach etc without getting the van dirty. We'd get one again.

Reactions: crackacoldie

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
We loved our outdoor shower. Great to wash the kids off after beach etc without getting the van dirty. We'd get one again.
Yeah that's why we got ours but I can't recall one beach side place we stayed that didn't already have this facility. Each to there own, a friend uses there's to wash the dog outside with warm water!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Yeah that's why we got ours but I can't recall one beach side place we stayed that didn't already have this facility. Each to there own, a friend uses there's to wash the dog outside with warm water!
LOL, I guess every dog has it's day!

Probably was even more useful when doing river camping and washing kids off. No showers at the river!

halbster

May 13, 2014
Just signed up to this site, as we are finalising an order for the 17.58.3 Outback. Not sure if I got a good deal or not, seemed ok, but I suck at doing deals and afterwards think i probably could have got better.
Our option list looks like this:
- Roof mount Air
- N504 164 lt fridge
- TV (but no external wind up aeriel so this will be ok at sites with coax input, apparently there is a coax input ??)
- Bike rack (looks like 2 bike is the standard and a 3rd bike extension is available)
- External Shower
Plus we got the show special
- 120w solar panel (should be 2 panels now)
- 100AH Battery (so should be 2 batteries as well)
- Side blocker and Sun Blocker for awning
- Floor matting for awning
Price we got was 42K

Also we were able to get into the July production run so will have it by mid August.
What prices did you get?
Also looking forward to seeing some of these vans in use and some mods, as I've been serching the net all week and not a lot of info I guess cause they are a new model.

Reactions: achjimmy

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Congrats seems a good price we getting the non shower model. Ordered before show so no extras:(

Did you get the extra battery in writing melb show they had a small * no extra battery outback model only extra solar. So double check and push for it :)

August not long we waiting toooo long

halbster

May 13, 2014
Yeah, since typing this up I'm just double checking things because we are waiting for the written contract to come through.
There was actually 2 differnt show specials shown on these vans
17.58.3 Touring model on display had Solar panel only (battery was included).
17.58.1 Outback had Solar Panel and Battery as the show special.
So I'm not actually sure which show special I'm now getting, is it the .3 special or the Outback special?? - so confusing.

Also since reading this forum today found there is an option in increase A frame length by 300mm which I did not know about as its not in the brouchure so now considering this also at $248

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I would go for a wind up aerial too, one less thing to set up running external coax cables and relying on cp reception.
especially now its the one that receives both signals. Would be horrible to ba away and miss a blues victory because of reception!

Reactions: cruza driver