14' Series 2014 Expanda upgrades

Ken Bennetts

Nov 1, 2013
Interested in the 2014 upgrade list and wonder if anyone can give more details on the
1. Domestic 400x400 hatch. Is that like the 4 seasons hatch?
2. Euro Push out Windows. Are these the double glazed Windows that Avan and others fit as standard.
3. The led strip lighting to the roll out awning. Wonder if this is a replacement for the outside light or a strip light along the outside of the aiming?

Thought I would ask these somewhat basic questions of those who are more in touch with Jayco development and trends.
My interest comes from recently ordering a 14.4.4 for 2014 delivery.

Reactions: blacky

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Interested in the 2014 upgrade list and wonder if anyone can give more details on the
1. Domestic 400x400 hatch. Is that like the 4 seasons hatch?
2. Euro Push out Windows. Are these the double glazed Windows that Avan and others fit as standard.
3. The led strip lighting to the roll out awning. Wonder if this is a replacement for the outside light or a strip light along the outside of the aiming?

Thought I would ask these somewhat basic questions of those who are more in touch with Jayco development and trends.
My interest comes from recently ordering a 14.4.4 for 2014 delivery.

Ken, i think a bit of both and maybe looking through this site and incorporating members mods to their own vans. I done the led strip light a couple of years ago, see this link http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/awning-strip-lighting-17-56-2.709/

Cheers Pace

Ken Bennetts

Nov 1, 2013
That is an interesting mod. Perhaps Jayco are getting some of the additions listed for the 2014 models from ideas on this forum.
The changes and improvements they are introducing to the mattress next year may also be a reflection of comments and complaints from this forum. That being the case the forum certainly has a voice in continuing development.

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
That is an interesting mod. Perhaps Jayco are getting some of the additions listed for the 2014 models from ideas on this forum.
The changes and improvements they are introducing to the mattress next year may also be a reflection of comments and complaints from this forum. That being the case the forum certainly has a voice in continuing development.
Hi Ken, I av the 2012 17.56 inner spring mattress. What are Jayco planning for 2014? Not overly happy with current mattress.

Reactions: macca

Ken Bennetts

Nov 1, 2013
My understanding is that they are raising the seat hight to make the mattress the make thickness right through and putting the zip in the middle. I have not had an expanda before but have had a Sterling and a Swan with Jayco innerspring mattresses and I found them most comfortable. Are all the bad reports on the expanda mattresses relating to the zip in the wrong place or are there otherwise issues?
There are some other changes to the 2014 models such as Euro Windows, 400x400 hatch, front tunnel light, awning strip light, solar provision as standard, etc. Also a $2,000 price increase. There are some changes to the OB also, the chief among them being independent suspension.