awning strip lighting 17-56.2

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Pace's awning strip lighting 17-56.2

here it is fellow expanda owners as promised earlier in the week have put up the awning strip lighting. :clap2:pretty much just tapped into the outer light (thanks to boots for the tips on the removal of this assembly), soldered in the fly lead to the main board. got the strip lighting from ebay (5mtr roll cool white led weather proof self adhesive 5V - 18V). strip lighting is very flexiable and verstile, every 5 cm there is a location where it can be cut and solder locations to present a supply source.
for now have just wired the fly leads together to test run it to see have affective it is OR if it is too affective and lastly if the van is written off from the christmas day hail storm i dont wont to loose too much :frown:(luckily i was a bit lazy and never done the other internal lighting mods!!!)
we go away next week anyway and will post up more as van is fully setup.

Attachments

• Photo0405.jpg
    Photo0405.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 685
  • Photo0406.jpg
    Photo0406.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 702
  • Photo0407.jpg
    Photo0407.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 732
  • Photo0408.jpg
    Photo0408.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 686

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Looks nice and neat!!!

Surprising Jayco doesn't offer something similar.

Is there any indication from the insurance company or are you waiting for an assessment?

Also how the does the pathy go from start of with the van?

Been towing a swan with my 05 pathy and she is a bit slow of the mark but once going is fine.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
looks nice and neat!!! Thankyou

surprising jayco doesn't offer something similar.

Is there any indication from the insurance company or are you waiting for an assessment? Not yet still waiting for my ticket to be called!!!

Also how the does the pathy go from start of with the van?

Been towing a swan with my 05 pathy and she is a bit slow of the mark but once going is fine.
likewise, but who cares, the van is on the back of it and were going some where

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Great looking LED strip. Looks like it was always there. I agree with expanda, should be standard in this day and age.

Good luck with your insurance assesment.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
SORRY GUYS saw thisthread and had to have it , went on ebay bought some strip lights , fitted them up , just had a massive downpour and the lights are on the deck they couldnt handle all the water not enough sticky stuff , back to the drawing board

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
update on the awning strip, had the first section peel off til just after the door, so yes not enough sticky stuff. went to bunnings and got 3M double sided tape to stick it back up, all good. will see what insurance company says now!!!!

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Hi we just use solar lights. I know if its overcast etc they wont recharge but we brought the ones you can turn off and they last a couple of nights, if you switch them off. I just put them around the van securing them with cable ties them cut them off when we pack up.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Pace - where you able to remove the original double sided backing and then put on the newer stuff you got from Bunnings, or did you stick the new double sided tape to the existing stuff?

shadow75

Aug 25, 2011
Sale, Victoria, Australia
Hey guys,

How does the light strip go with attracting the bugs? I've brought some Whilte LED strip ready to go, only to be questioned about the number of bugs that it may / would attract to the Caravan..

Has anyone considered using the RGB ones so a yellow light could be used to deter the bugs..

Thanks!

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Thanks Pace for the response and update.

I was thinking of putting some Sikaflex or plain while silicoln behind the LEDs to keep them stuck to the panda if the double sided tape gives way.

Ordered the internal LEDs (36 x 5050 warm white) to replace the halogen globes and also ordered the external LED awning strip that is IP65 waterproof (60 x 5050 LEDs per metre)

Will post some pics when I get installed.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I think the yellow light is a bit of a myth.....my mate uses a fluorescent light in his annexe with a yellow tube and the bugs still congregate on the lens!