Starcraft 20.62-3 Ob now delivered

Geoff

Mar 29, 2012
Ipswich, QLD
Hi Cancan
Great looking van and tow rig. Disappointing to see the dent but better to find it now than in the middle of a raging storm!
You are a trooper to do a maiden 500km after the dentist. My pain usually comes at the end of the day and in my back not at the start of the trip and in the mouth!
By the way, are the bunks long enough for adults should they be needed?

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
I tested the bunks today and at just under 6ft I would have no issue sleeping on them...outside I have a queen size bed waiting for me. Width wise was good as well although I could do with a feed.

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
No problems Geoff...you may actually want to check the measurement of the main bed....they are not that long which is an issue I found when looking at others...

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Heading off this morning but managed to make a few changes in between packing and building a fence.

Cutlery draw was useless so I moved the dividers and put in a full size tray.

draw.jpg

Water is crap in Roma so I have a filter on the inlet hose but also put a filtered drink tap in
water tap.jpg

filter.jpg

And a pic with the bunks up and bike and weber loaded

bike.jpg

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Well I arrived safe and sound on my maiden voyage. The Jeep towed effortlessly, had cruse control set to 104 and avg 24l/100km. The toowoomba range blew the fuel economy out, that and sitting on 110 for a while. Overtaking was a breeze and the Jeep easily pulled the van to 130.
Got to the caravan park and they had forgotten me and put someone on my site. They had a spare but I didnt fit so currently still hooked up but in another site which is a bit boggy, might get to test the 4wd side of the jeep tomorrow.
The good thing about the site is I drove in and can drive out so have still not reversed the van yet, and will be working late tomorrow to catch up on a lost day so they will relocate the van to its correct spot tomorrow for me.
Fun part has been remembering everything from the hand over.
Took a while to get the stove working (hold lever in and ignite...doh), got the radio off demo mode and tuned the tv into the 3 channels that we get.
The reverse cycle air con is very noisy...I would have upgraded this if I ordered one but at least I am warmish.
Havent hooked the water up...will wait for tomorrow and I drained the water tanks before I left as they wont be used here...although there is enough in the lines for coffee in the morning.
Oh and the beers were still nice and cold ...anderson plug worked well

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Hey Cancan,

Good luck with the distant memories of handover, the first setup afterwards was a daunting time for us as well, don't forget to switch the fridge back over to 240!

I FORGOT

Is the fuel economy of the jeep about what you expected?

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Fridge is on 240...didnt want the beers to warm up.
Didn't know wat to expect from the fuel economy.
I did sit on 110 for a while and was avg 27-28l....during roadworks when I was on 80kn=m the avg was below 20 so happy with 24l....
Will be interesting to see the economy going back on Thursday or Friday although will be going down the range.
Also taking the camper trailer to Fraser end of the month so that will be a good comparison as well...intersting to see how much the bulk and weight add up

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
I drove the Toowomba range many many moons ago, in a Mitsubishi Canter of all things "what a climb". I bet it's a pleasure to make that run in the Jeep with that big Hemi and all it's pulling power!

I wish I had been allowed to keep our camper when we upgraded! But as we all know sacrifices sometimes must be made! As they say "happy wife = happy life"

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I have cut and fitted some indoor/outdoor carpet (I think it is 'Sisal'). It was looking a bit dirty after a few trips and had collected some sand etc so I took it out and hit it with the Gerni, came up like new.

Sisal entrance.jpg Sisal main floor.jpg Sisal weave.jpg

It's a bit coarse underfoot but it is a good insulator and easy clean as it is in 3 sections for easy removal.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Thanks Chartrock...........love the idea of the carpet. We did Canberra in winter and the floor does ger cold.

Will get onto it!

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
I use carpet tiles in our other van after the first lot of carpet wore out, got too grubby. Very happy with them and the colour was a lighter chocolate brown so look cleaner for longer. They have a dense rubber backing so insulate well and you can replace one if needed.

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Bunnings have soft rubber backed carpet tiles! They tie in very nicely in the newer model vans with the lighter coloured interiors.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
That's Hemi V8 economy for you...:whoo:
Diesel would be around the 14/100 mark at a guess.

My old Territory turbo petrol had economy like that, doesn't get you too far between fills..