Starcraft 20.62-3 Ob now delivered

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Well the waits over....all couple of weeks and the Starcraft is home...albeit on the neighbours block but I can look at it as I type.

Hand over was good although want to run as much stuff as I can before it goes to Roma.

Jeep towed it effortlessly....back dropped a bit but once the quadralift kicked in all leveled out well....in fact I didn't know it was there outside of having no rear view mirror.

So here are a few pics to date:

side1.jpg

Kitchen

kitchen.jpg

Bed

bed.jpg

Bunks down

bed down.jpg

Bunks up

bed up.jpg

side2.jpg

Reactions: blacky

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Looks Great Cancan,

You'll be able to change your tag line now, the new Jeeps look awesome I'm sorry but my eyes were drawn to it more than the new van:laugh:

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
That's excellent. We looked at the Cherokee. But the Challenger had more room.
I really like the fold down bunks. Gives the kids extra playing room on wet days.
Have you tried reversing it yet? I will be interested to see how you go with that. Looks very big.
Stan

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Haven't reversed it yet....nearly but decided to put it next door where I drove in and did a u-turn .

First attempt to reverse will be the caravan park, at night and on my own...looking forward to it....not.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
First attempt to reverse will be the caravan park, at night and on my own...looking forward to it....not.
Ouch and ouch and double ouch. That is not a good idea. Have you reversed any van yet? I would presume you have.
That vacant block next door is the perfect place to find out how it reverses. Also a good place to practice lining up to attach van to car.
I wouldn't be brave enough to do a maiden reverse on a van in a caravan park at night on my own. Brave enough to have a go at most things but not that.

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Thanks all for the reversing wishes....towing the van home from the dealer was the first time I have ever towed a van....so Monday week I will have a 500km maiden drive. To make that worse I have a 2 hr dental appointment first so I wont leave until midday which means dodging roos near the end of the trip.
I have towed campers, trailers and boats so just moved up in size and reversing is reversing...its the stopping when in position that will be the issue.
If the park manager is not there I will call someone from work to help guide me.....will make a point of hooking the van up that morning whilst the wife is home as well....havent got the knack of the rear camera yet.
All up looking forward to it....took the kids to seaworld today...hard leaving the van at home...so many things I want to do....

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
You won't have a problem with the reversing bit. Toughest thing I know to reverse is a 6 by 4 trailer. They have to be every reversers worst nightmare. Boats also have a bad habit of going where you don't want them to go..
Biggers is certainly better I think. Your Expanda will be a breeze.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Congrats cancan, it looks great. I can see from your photos now just how good they layout is.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Mate been done that.our maiden outing was spur the moment leave home at 9pm put a call thru to anglesea to leave pin code for boom gate under door mate.arrived at 1030.kids helped site me reverse in our allocated bay,pitch black!!!.levelled it up with blocks and chocked.got a night walk in.all asleep by mid night.memories are made from trips like that.enjoy it CC.cheers.

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Have found our first issue....Wife was working from home the other day and the office is overlooking the van and she noticed a dent in the roof (something you cant see normally)
Our main concern is that there is a join where the dent is between the wall and roof and looking at the photo there is a gap under the joiner so we wonder how waterproof it is at the moment, moreso whilst it is raining, and I don't get home until friday night so can't check it.
Have emailed the pics to the dealer and will be taking it back either Saturday morning or Monday on the way out to have the water proofing checked and work out where to go from there although I don't know when the van will be back in Brisbane.

van roof.jpg

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
That's interesting. I don't like dints on cracks. Finding the water, if any, wont or shouldn't be a problem. Just look for the damp patch. I had a good look at my Swift. It appears to be fine. Maybe I might need to get on a ladder and have a look.
Stan

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
No, not good at all, I will be asking for a ladder to check ours out before we leave the dealer! Get the duct tape out untill its fixed.....Good luck cancan!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Lucky you saw it now CC

Maybe when you get home see if something has dragged along the roof to cause the dent, maybe it happened when getting transported on a low lying branch. It seems to go between the front roof panel and the second/middle panel. I see Jayco's all the time getting transported and the Starcrafts and full vans sit up high.

Just a thought.