Starcraft 20.62-3 Ob now delivered

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Cancan - 24 ltr/100 km.

Is your Jeep petrol or Diesel?

As matty mentioned Petrol Hemi V8.

It averages 10.8l/100km when not towing on open roads. I will towing the van back to Brisbane next month but I will be on a tight time frame so will be pushing it a bit again but when I bring it back to Roma I will be taking my time so will be good to see the difference in fuel economy.

I still havent put anything down on the floor (restricted with flying in) and it has been -3 to -4 this week, slippers make a wonderful difference but I have a list of mods to do whilst it is in Brisbane (if I get time)

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
We are now on out first family holiday in the starcraft..... its a bit of a change from using it as a bachelor pad at work...... I can no longer play my music, watch my TV shows or hop out of the shower naked and then get dressed but worse I can't find anything. I have spent 6 months getting everything in the most logical spot and now the wife keep putting things in the wrong place. And just when I thought thinks can't get worse she finishes work today so will be here full time as of tomorrow.... It going to take me another 6 months to get MY van in order.... Still much nicer than the camper trailer

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Thought that whilst I was down on the Gold Coast I would get the front porch installed. Nice change cooking in the shade (and out of the rain).
It is also keeping the morning sun off the beer fridge (most important job....hate having warm beer for breakfast).

IMG_1750.JPG

Also the here are the girls enjoying there bunks. There is an open cupboard next to each bunk so these are filled with toys and more toys

IMG_1748.JPG

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Well the first holiday in the Starcraft was a hit....Its nice to be in a big downpour and stay nice and dry (not as nice as getting back after a big downpour and finding you left all the windows and skylights open).
We noticed our neighbours had a marquee to park there car in, thought this was a good idea so had ours bought down to have christmas lunch in and then used it as a car port...will be bringing the Marquee next time.

20121228_160723.jpg

Pack up still took forever although that was more the amount of crap that we carted plus kids presents and more presents. Still love the bunks folding up. I managed to get the Marquee, Weber and 4 bikes (kids bikes were a last minute idea, they normally go in the car) and tables into the space.

20121229_112928.jpg

Had a weekend at home where the van had a spring clean (the van didnt look that dirty but amazing the dirt that came off it), I have put a battery in, sick of resetting the radio everytime the power goes off and now back in Roma awaiting some repairs and a few mods....

Attachments

• 20121228_160723.jpg
    20121228_160723.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 435

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
Tare is 2054 and ATM is 2529
G'day cancan,
Hoping you could help me out with a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind.
Just wandering what options if any, you have fitted as we had a look at one of these vans yesterday and SWMBO has taken a liking to it... Also what is the ball weight as we have a Pajero and the ball weight can be an issue.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
greynt

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
G'day cancan,
Hoping you could help me out with a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind.
Just wandering what options if any, you have fitted as we had a look at one of these vans yesterday and SWHBO has taken a liking to it... Also what is the ball weight as we have a Pajero and the ball weight can be an issue.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
greynt

This is one we considered if we were to up grade, but the weights are getting close to the make, hence the other option is the 18-57-6 which is only marginally lighter but the whole idea was to do away with canvas. also the 18's standard dinette has less leg room than my 16.