17.56-1 or 2

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
True enough Deano.

We set up our annex walls only when it got cold and wet in Mt Gambier and even more space.

God how I love setting the annex up in these compared to an Eagle camper trailer!

Krisjer

Dec 27, 2011
Perth, WA
Family of four here and no worries at all for storage space. The boys had a drawer each under the bunk beds and my husband and I shared the cupboard next to the fridge. I bought one of those shoe storage bags that hang over the door and all the shoes go in that on the wall next to the shower. We had drawers and overhead cupboards that I put things in just so they wouldn't be empty!!! Plenty of room in ours!:clap2:

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
suggestion, to you, why dont you opt for the the second dinette to be another kitchen bench area plus keeping the the upper bunk and go for toilet/shower version. family of 6 and it serves us well.

Aremac

Sep 20, 2011
Townsville, North Queensland.
We went with the 17.56-2 because the boss wanted the shower/toilet for extended trips. After a look through a couple of different setups
we decided we'd like a bit more storage instead of the second dinette, and had a buffet unit installed in it's place.

It has worked out great for us, family of 5, plenty of room.

attachment.php

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
56.1 3 months old, after bags of clothes everwhere outdoors in the Swan, we wanted the additional storage space and benchspace. Many comments about late night treks to the toilets, we have the additional 'cubby room' on the back of the annex which works so well for storing bikes / boards etc but also plenty of room leftover (and privacy) for a portable toilet to avoid the night trips. Also means no need for us to get out of bed as annex still all closed / secure.

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Jayco do remove the lower bunk/dinette and its replaced with a bank of 4 cupboards or cupboard/drawer combination. We had that design originally but without the top bunk either. It was no extra at all to alter.:flypig:

simond

Jan 6, 2012
Adelaide SA
17.56.2 Costs

interested you say "No Extra charge for the conversion".(Pigs will fly)LOL

I was at our dealer today asking the same question, & was told $850.
When I asked why, I was told because it's not a normal run & so it has to be take off line & fitted separately??
We have also asked if we can have the same size window in this area as the main window over the Dinette??
lets see what this comes back as $$.
extras we have asked for are as follows-
Roof A/C- $700
Ext draw bar- $300
Treg Coupler- $315
150 Ltr Fridge- $890
Wind up Antenna- $370
TV mounting Bkt- $280
Bed bed Screens- $300
Control panel- $200
O/side fold table- $213
Ext Shower- $380
Solar provision- $200
12v fan to back of fridge- $65
Anderson plug to front for running fridge & charging battery while driving- $90
CD/ Radio + inside & outside speakers- $550
External gas Bayonet x 2- $200

All up this has come in at $50,832.00 ON THE ROAD!

How does this price sound?, or are they having a laugh??
This will be the third van we would have purchased from the same dealer.
I have as sent 2 Emails to 2 other dealers Mildura & Mt Gambier hoping to see what they come in at.
I have read last night some very good deals others have got late last year from Mel & Sydney shows. Should we be around the same mark or does the price vary alot from state to state??
Starting price quoted for the 17.56.2 O/B is $44,829 which includes Awning on the road.
Hope some one can help us same some money as like all hat being taken for a ride.

Rant over.

Simon & Sue

PS We wait with baited breathe for your comments, before signing.

gavin.davis59

Mar 21, 2011
Naracoorte.SA
We purchased Our 14.44 from Prestige Jayco(Geelong) while at the Melbourne Caravan Show(early March last year) and saved plenty.It may pay You to hang out for the Adelaide Caravan and Camping show in Feb.and see what deal You can get,or visit Melbourne's Show in March.Most companies do better deals at the shows.

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
when we bought our expanda we got a price from prestige bendigo.
first thing we did was ring all the vic dealers to see what they could do
one offered the same price but it meant traveling to the other side of melbourne(we in bendigo)so wasnt interested.
have also found them to really helpfull if we needed help or silly questions
we needed a few things done under waranty they just said book it in with the local repairer(not jayco)didnt even look at our problems or try to say its not waranty
we couldnt be happier with them
might be worth giving kalvin a ring and then you get to have a holliday going home
cheers jim-tab and diamond

simond

Jan 6, 2012
Adelaide SA
I mentioned this to the salesperson, saying "I don't want to go to the show next month & find out you could have done me a better deal"

As I said before, this will be our third van from the same dealer & if they don't want to come to the party with a better price, if not for anything else "loyalty", we will spend our hard earned money with someone that gives us better service.
I have no problem driving 8 hrs to pick up if the "Price is right"

Aremac

Sep 20, 2011
We did the ring around for the best price we could find and ended up driving from Townsville to Mildura to pick up our 17.56-2. We're really happy with the price/service and ended up having a great shakedown trip on the way home, win-win.

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
We did the ring around for the best price we could find and ended up driving from Townsville to Mildura to pick up our 17.56-2. We're really happy with the price/service and ended up having a great shakedown trip on the way home, win-win.

How did you go with registration purchasing the van in a different state. I know you can save around $1500 in transport buy picking up from the factory which would pay for the shall,e down trip

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
When we looked at crossing from Qld to nsw (didn't end up doing it though) we were going to have to get a permit and I think we had a week to get it back home. Qld trans didn't need the rwc since it was brand new

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We bought our van in NSW and drove it home to Qld with a provisional registration fro NSW and I took it straight to a motor registry office and had it registered no problems. As it had not been previously registered, the gas certiificate supplied by the dealer was accepted. But I only had 10 days(I think) to get it registered so there was to be no holiday trip home. Maybe Victoria issue temporary regos fo a bit longer.

We saved around $3000 by going interstate and could have saved another grand by going to Victoria but would have spent most of that in fuel and accommodation for the extra time and distance.

Aremac

Sep 20, 2011
Same here, we got a travel permit from Vic roads which gave us 30 days to get the van registered. It stated we had to travel home in the most direct route practible. I registered the van when we got to Brissy without any problems.