Water Filler Connection

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
@Marv_mart I have hoselink although thought it was heavy pulling on where it connected to the Van.. So when I put the Best filter on I brought two brass ones to go in-between. Although the drip I fixed putting a second O ring on :(
Someone told me, can't remember who, that Bunning have an elbow fitting available that two Hoselink connectors will screw into. Will look next time I go to the big green shed. Swivels through 90 degrees so should be perfect.
I use a short 1.5m length of hose to go from van to Best filter lying underneath and then to the tap.

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
Skippy your a legend. After only 3/4 filling my tanks on my first fill up, and not realising until I was already at camp I went to bunnings here in Tassie. Jayco already gave me the barbed fitting for some reason, so it cost me $3.something for the other fitting. Filled all 3 tanks full, and with minimal spillage(only from the breather).

Attachments

• WP_20141104_008.jpg
    WP_20141104_008.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
Reactions: blacky and skippy

Curryhouse

Apr 8, 2012
Newcastle
Someone told me, can't remember who, that Bunning have an elbow fitting available that two Hoselink connectors will screw into. Will look next time I go to the big green shed. Swivels through 90 degrees so should be perfect.
I use a short 1.5m length of hose to go from van to Best filter lying underneath and then to the tap.

@Marv_mart , this might be the thread, you're thinking about - http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/swivel-tap-connector.5920/#post-93691 The swivel connector worked well on our recent trip away.

Reactions: Marv_mart

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Does anyone else with a 16' have trouble filling the rear tank? If I have the hose on too hard it seems the water doesn't flow into the tank properly and comes back up the filler. The front tank on the same (or greater) pressure has no issue. Takes bloody ages to fill the rear tank on a dribble!

Might need to get underneath and straighten out a few bends.

mccrlc

Aug 19, 2012
Tasmania
S&P,
I have the same issue, not entirely sure why but if you figure it out let me know as I will for you.
I have a 1st service coming up I will add that to the list of work to be completed.

MCC

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Get underneath and have a look at the plumbing !!!! mine had some hoses compressed by clamps and kinks on bends because they cut the damn hose too short, don't forget the breather hose also.