Water Filler Connection

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I must be doing something wrong, all I do is hook on the hose I have onto the tap with normal hose fitting and stick the plain hose end into the hole, when it gurgles a lot out of the breather its nearly full. I have a short hose just a bit longer than the van for filling tanks or hooking to tap on draw bar to wash sandy feet etc or doing the dunny.
Only get wet when missus doesn't turn hose off fully.
I use one of those Y pieces that have a turn off valve for either branch with a hose adaptor to connect to the hose and two pieces of clear plastic 19mm pushed onto the nipples that I feed down the two inlets.
Can control the flow to either or both inlets while watching the tank gauge through the window.
Can also turn off both when full so no splashing and waste when going back to the tap to turn it off.
PS: feed my water through my filter to ensure clean water in the tanks.
image.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@Marv_mart , thats what I've been going to do !!!! keep forgetting to plug my filter in-line when filling. I think I had better get a Nikko and write inside the fill hatch "FILTER"..................it might work. I'd take a pic but it's p***ing down in Canberra.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We only have tank water at home and probably should use the filter especially if you look at the bottom of our water tanks :sour:

Reactions: blacky and skippy

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
We only have tank water at home and probably should use the filter especially if you look at the bottom of our water tanks :sour:

Your water is probably cleaner strait from the water tank even after mine has been though my filter set up. The water up this way has so much lime in the water I have to keep a close eye on the Anode too.

Reactions: dagree and Drover

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
I want to replace the whole shooting match with the following:
image.jpg

The plan would be:
One for mains water
One for each of the tanks
I have taps on the pipes of the main fillers so the water won't go back out the old filler and it will still allow me to fill using the old tank filler if needed. I just have to work out how to mount it nicely so it's easy to connect the hose at the parks etc.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
and add another spring leaf ??????:encouragement:
Actually got me thinking now as I would like to get the plumbing out of the inside.
Maybe a cam lock fitting for the supply hose instead of the garden hose fitting, less chance of leaks.

Reactions: blacky and skippy

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Actually got me thinking now as I would like to get the plumbing out of the inside.
Maybe a cam lock fitting for the supply hose instead of the garden hose fitting, less chance of leaks.
Yeah that's one of the main reasons I want to do it, don't really trust those john guest push on fittings as well as all the other plastic fittings inside the van there, right beside the setec charger etc.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats why I moved my water pump to underneath, went from 19 possible leak points to 2 and I fitted red circlips to all the guest fittings to make sure they stay locked, that took around 40 or so clips and thankfully now most of them are outside.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
I must be doing something wrong, all I do is hook on the hose I have onto the tap with normal hose fitting and stick the plain hose end into the hole, when it gurgles a lot out of the breather its nearly full. I have a short hose just a bit longer than the van for filling tanks or hooking to tap on draw bar to wash sandy feet etc or doing the dunny.
Only get wet when missus doesn't turn hose off fully.
Im with you there @Drover ..

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Have you tried Hoselink? All my outside connections are that now. Just replaced click-on fitting of my 'contraption' shown above to Hoselink, so easy to connect lengths together etc, no leaks. If only I could change the nipple fitting under the filler cap to Hoselink! Dreaming?
http://www.hoselink.com.au/shop/watering-solutions/garden-hose-fittings/1001
This is of course to outside hoses and connections, pipes and hoses inside the van is another issue/problem.

Reactions: Drover