Starcraft Starcraft 17:58-3 options & quirks. Post them here.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Just posted on my thread and thought it should be here as well I was informed today that Jayco will not put in a trifold table in this model anymore due to the table hitting the window or something to that effect ??? Not very happy about that decision.
On another note how have others gone for the Anderson plug for the esc? I think it should be standard so it can be disconnected on gravel roads if required and retaining braking ability rather than it running through the 12 pin plug. Is this right?

Last edited:

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
It has been asked a couple of times and no one has really answered as to what type of outdoor table people are taking in their 58-3's and more importantly where they are storing them in transit?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Mate I use one of those slatted aluminium tables about 1.8 X .9 . I like the fact they pack up and go in the boot. But maybe there not the best with little kids who may tend to grab them?

Reactions: 17triton

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
We use these two small ones as there are only two of us. Picture was posted on another thread but you can get the idea. They collapse/fold up and store in the van during transit between the mattress and seat back with some padding to,protect the woodwork. One photo is a close up of the one we use for the Baby Q.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Have seen others on different threads use the larger mounded fold up tables that they store under the fold out bed end with a rail and clips. A search on this site will find them. Cheers

Reactions: Johnno48

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
we use a smaller moulded plastic table (which folds in half) from Bunnings, either fits in the back of the Patrol or under the bed.

Reactions: 17triton

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Have seen others on different threads use the larger mounded fold up tables that they store under the fold out bed end with a rail and clips. A search on this site will find them. Cheers

Thanks mate I have seen some threads and we have the table under our bed lid. It's a bit different in the 58-3 for where to put it.
Thanks for the replies guys. Some food for thought.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks mate I have seen some threads and we have the table under our bed lid. It's a bit different in the 58-3 for where to put it.
Thanks for the replies guys. Some food for thought.

Are you getting the bumper spare? You could move the bumper out and store it behind there, get dirty though.

matty_turbo

Jul 21, 2015
Sunshine Coast
Anybody had any trouble with the standard table? The screws that hold the bar to the wall keep coming out and I'm ready to throw it out the door!!! Really wish I had have got a tri fold table.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Anybody had any trouble with the standard table? The screws that hold the bar to the wall keep coming out and I'm ready to throw it out the door!!! Really wish I had have got a tri fold table.

Yep do a search through my thread mate. There was a member on here that put up a real good thread in how to fix it and the size plugs to use.

matty_turbo

Jul 21, 2015
Sunshine Coast
Cheers thanks for that. Got some spare time in Tassie to do some fixes on the van. Dealership filled the tyres to 50psi. Thought I'd see how I went and it seemed to bouce around a little bit. Did some calculation I found on the net and dropped it to 44psi and and seems to be better. might even go to 40.

Reactions: achjimmy

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Cheers thanks for that. Got some spare time in Tassie to do some fixes on the van. Dealership filled the tyres to 50psi. Thought I'd see how I went and it seemed to bouce around a little bit. Did some calculation I found on the net and dropped it to 44psi and and seems to be better. might even go to 40.
We had the same trouble with the wall attachments so one of my early mods was to install a tri fold.
Love it, it ended up allowing me to add an extra power point underneath used to charge phones, pads.
See my mod thread to see how I went about it. The tri-fold was one from another Jayco model.
Another member made his own.