Starcraft Starcraft 17:58-3 options & quirks. Post them here.

timbo2002

Jan 15, 2014
Sydney
That could get exciting! LOL
I appreciate my response might have been potentially misinterpreted :)

Just trying to work out what the potential complaints might be from my wife (who does not love our in-roof truma air con - which admittedly is pretty noisy). I'd personally be keen for a inverter air con in a van - the constant on/off of the air con is a bit annoying TBH.

Elvis

Jul 23, 2014
Shellharbour
Noise level is not to bad mainly fan noise. Going away tomorrow for 2 weeks down to lake conjola so we let you all know when we return in regards to noise and vibration. It is quieter than the heron 2.2 we had in our expanda we think.

Pomi29

Nov 8, 2014
Has anyone had leaking down the bunk end of the caravan? I went to check the van this am - it has been raining for a few days - steady rain but not too hard - we have had the top down - and when I went to check it out the two bunks were soaked... can't seem to work out where the rain came in? Not the windows as far as I can tell? Am drying the mattresses out at the moment, but it could be two new mattresses from Jayco if they don't dry well...

Has anyone had a similar problem and worked out where the rain actually came in> I assume it must have run over the ceiling and then dripped down, but i can't see any wetness on the ceiling at all...

Pomi29

Nov 8, 2014
hi timbo

similar problem last night. Major water ingress in the top bunk.
it appears to be around the window seals. Called Jayco Canberra and explained I want to get the fault sorted out asap. Normal workshop very busy, awaiting them to call back.

halbster

May 13, 2014
I got 2 new leaks also, 1 coming in just above the front cupboard above the tv. 2nd one is from the water pump under the main bed. Should be able to tighten the fitting to stop it. Nothing around the rear windows so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 357

halbster

May 13, 2014
Here's a shot of the leak coming in above the front cupboard. Didn't notice until I saw the pic that it has actually marked the laminex.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 294

petenkaz

Jan 14, 2015
We've had the -1 for 3 weeks and leaks over the double bunks, though the van wasn't set up real well due to crap sloping site, had to go to Bunnings to get sleepers chopped up to level the van. See attached pic below! Levelled out van a bit more and no more leaks there. Next leak was above other bunk when we were driving in the rain last Friday. Not too much, just annoying. It's back for its service next week so I'll get them to check it out. Really happy about the cost of first service too just quietly!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 315

petenkaz

Jan 14, 2015
Davemc, it's shower and vent for air con. Due to clearance issues at home we had to go for cabinet mount air con.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
thanks @petenkaz our shower box white they said they did not do black :)
So how much usable space under the bunk now?
I wanted to put access hatch there as its a pain to get in was also told with shower you could not put anything next to it so they could not do it.
Interesting how things change :)

petenkaz

Jan 14, 2015
There's not a lot of room for a hatch, and not too much room under then bunk, say around half of it has gone. Don't know whether a hatch would be of any use there so we just use it to store seldom needed things like doona's for summer. After upgrading from a Flamingo we are amazed at how much we can store!

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
As we only have the shower there is a lot of room although getting to it;)
Kids scooters live there at the moment

Yes we have not filled up everything as yet as well.
Kids crap normally sits in bunks.behind pillow and doonas as we travel

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
Hi all, just loving our 17.58.3 have been away for three weeks and one weekend away since pick up in Dec (dont you just hate it when work gets in the way of caravaning) have a few silly things to be fixed under warranty, nothing major. Have got a gas bayonet on van and bought a 3 metre gas hose. Know how to plug the hose in and connect it to appliance but which appliance to buy is the question. I know most people have portable bbqs like webber baby q, was hoping to run my trusty 3 burner oz trail from the bayonet,however, not compatible. I have my eye on a camp master twin burner country cooker ( cast iron twin burner stove) the specs state the burners are low pressure and the stove comes with hose and regulator. My logic is if the low pressure burners require a regulator then the hose connected gas bayonet running through the vans reg should work. Can anyone tell me if bbqs like the babyq run on low pressure burners? It would be great to make use of the bayonet and not have to take an extra cylinder for the oz trail.
Regards
TerriD

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Straight answer to your question is 'Yes', the regulator on the van's gas bottle will replace the regulator used on the barbecue. Your straight through hose from the bayonet will run a baby Q no worries.

Reactions: greynt and TerriD

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
And yes the Baby Q is low pressure ie regulated. We love our Baby Q and take it everywhere using gas from van.
Roasts, bacon & egg breakfasts, steaks and normal BBQs meals, Yum
Did roast chicken and roast beef last trip.

Reactions: TerriD

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Thanks for the thoughts. I just rang Jayco Sydney and tried to book in for the 3 month service - and to get some warranty issues looked at - such as the leak and a fault with the awning (arm keeps coming out of the track it is supposed to be locked into!) - they told me the first available booking is the 22nd April... That place is a complete joke and I really regret buying my van through them.

I'd like to think that Jayco Sydney getting negative feedback like this would help them improve. but to do that they would have to discover the internet... I told one of the salespeople there that people are saying all this stuff about them on online forums and they had not heard of any of the forums I was talking about (including this one). Sigh...

My thoughts exactly @timbo2002, I'm looking for a good alternative around Sydney for service (preferably in the North.)

I'm investigating RVGO at Terrey Hills, they sound pretty good.