Show and Shine - Show us your tow vehicle set up!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
the ability to go off road - anywhere
and get home without broken bits............

or

the ability to put a light in your eyes everytime you see your 4x4

hehehehehehehe

Dandy

Jan 18, 2014
Wow............that's the first time I've heard of a Patrol being classed as a modern sleek SUV:D:behindsofa:

As soon as I saw your comment I checked your profile pic because I was trying to see if the tug doing the river crossing was the Jeep !:car: It's a small pic but it looks a little bit Toyota(ish).

yeah, I think he was referring to the Jheep as the "sleek SUV" - 'cause we all know that the Patrol is the "real 4x4"

hehehehehehe

Thanks guys . Maybe I should have said a car to get dirty and a car to keep clean:dizzy: I can't see myself putting "bush pin stripes" on a new Jeep. I have some ambitions to see a bit of the high country in the patrol.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
That's a Pajero doing that crossing.
Don't worry, "bush pin stripes" polish out easily, already had to do that.

The Jeep will get you anywhere in the HC that other "real 4x4's" will go, and do it easily...:amen:

benrosenick

Nov 26, 2013
Sydney, NSW
www.bushpalace.com.au
In preparation for Camerons Corner, have just added a TJM T3 bar, snorkel, X-Ray 220 lights and a GME UHF to my Prado 150.

Didn't bother colour coding the bar as I have the non-pearl black and it looks pretty good as is, will see how it goes and will paint it later if it fades....

image.jpg

Big Bertha

Jul 14, 2014
Shoalhaven Heads
:welcome: @Big Bertha cheap way to wash the car, I used to race pushbikes a long while ago, we used to start at the paper mill up to Shoalhaven heads and back, what size van do you have?

Hey, yes a very good way to wash the car! This was taken in the Victorian Hugh country.

We currently have a 25ft Jayco Heritage (hence the name Big Berth lol) that we are selling so that we can go back to a 18.57-6 like we use to have (the kids are sick of sleeping in a tent!)

Garreth

Nov 11, 2014
Mount Barker, South Australia
Hi, here is our car and van. Just bought the van home today. 16.49-4
The challenger is a 2012 manual. It has old man emu springs and shocks. Rear springs are rated at 200 kgs. Thumper battery fitted in the rear, UHF , cargo barrier, hayman reese tow bar.
Needs a bit more power for my liking on the long hills. The freeway out of Adelaide today was a bit slower than I was hoping for. Still it did it no worries. Now to set up all the gear in the van and go on our first trip away. Also due for new tyres, what to choose?
image.jpg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
your challenger should be ok - they are the same running gear as the Triton utes........ just a tad heavier

Tyres........???
I'm biased
BFGoodrich
or
Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ or ATZs

Reactions: dagree

Garreth

Nov 11, 2014
Mount Barker, South Australia
Yeah it's ok but can always do with a bit more torque. Looked into exhausts and ECU tune. The ECU tune is a good way to go as they reduce the EGR use which means less soot build up in the manifold. Some tunes will even disable it altogether. Just have to wait for the money tree to grow again.

Have pretty much narrowed the tyre down to BFGoodrich AT's, Mickey Thompson or Cooper At3.
Waiting on a tyre machine at work then seeing what the best deal is.

Reactions: bigcol

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Our Tug is a Land Cruiser 2012 VX TTD. Have had fitted:
  • Lovels 3,800KG GVM Upgrade - also lifted vehicle 50mm at rear and took out the "front rake"
  • Polyair air bags - heavy duty, run at 30psi with van on, 5psi without
  • TJM Outback steel bar - colour matched
  • TJM Snorkel
  • 9,500lb winch - synthetic rope
  • Full underbody bash plates
  • X-Ray 220 HID Driving lights
  • GME UHF
  • Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller - Ordered RedArc Tow-Pro with remote head as a replacement - fitting next week
  • Engel 40lt Combo
  • TJM air compressor
  • Full heavy duty recovery kit
  • HR WDH - not needed since GVM and airbags fitted!
  • Cooper's Discoverer H/T Plus Tyres - 285/60R18
Cruiser and Panda.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg IMG_2745.jpg IMG_2729.jpg
Kicking back at my brother-in-law's farm for Christmas at Meadows, South Australia.

Last edited: