Show and Shine - Show us your tow vehicle set up!

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
The black truck got new tyres for the trip north in June .

Maxxis 980 so far they seem good

image.jpg
image.jpg

Dandy

Jan 18, 2014
image.jpg

This is my Nissan Patrol 3.0 DI Auto, we had the auto upgraded with the valve body and manual torque converter lock up kit before we got the van. We found it is quite happy sitting on 95-100 but lacks torque on hills so I have booked it in for a 3" exhaust and roo systems chip, the EGR is getting done at the same time. Has anyone else chipped their 3.0 DI?

I haven't towed a van before but I reckon the suspension is sitting about right. Although a set of air bags may be on the cards. I have a snorkel still in the box - I am still working up to using a hole saw on my car!

Our other car is a Kluger and I have a cunning plan that ends up with ends up with a new Jeep at the end of this lease and to keep the Patrol. That way we end up with a real 4x4 and a modern sleek SUV that can both tow.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
The hotel on wheels with WDH and the Air Bags, she handles like a dream behind the Colorado off road and on.

First we did the tenting thing.
Then we purchased the Jayco swan.
Then the 1st Expanda was a 16 footer on road model.
Next we upgraded to the 16 with the outback lift plus lots of extras.
Finally for the 3rd Expanda 20.63-1OB with the slide out and were more than happy with this van and would thoroughly recommend one of these.

View attachment 22071
View attachment 22072
View attachment 22073
View attachment 22075
That looks awesome! Great work getting the van in there!

Reactions: skippy

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
That looks awesome! Great work getting the van in there!
:(It was hard getting selling the 16 footer and the Pajero but it's well worth all of the hassles of upgrading to what we have now that's for sure.
As for that place on the beach I would say it's the number 1 spot in WA for fishing:fish2: and the abundance of wildlife which make it such attraction especially for the kids.:deadhorse:

Reactions: DRW and relgate

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
:(It was hard getting selling the 16 footer and the Pajero but it's well worth all of the hassles of upgrading to what we have now that's for sure.
As for that place on the beach I would say it's the number 1 spot in WA for fishing:fish2: and the abundance of wildlife which make it such attraction especially for the kids.:deadhorse:

How do you go keeping sand out of the van? Can you do it or do you give up? I'd love to camp on the beach someday, haven't really had the chance/opportunity yet...

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
How do you go keeping sand out of the van? Can you do it or do you give up? I'd love to camp on the beach someday, haven't really had the chance/opportunity yet...

Easy.... just a bucket of water(or sea water) at about ankle height outside near the door and a towel on the floor of the panda at the door to dry off? Most of all shade cloth matting outside on the floor and once you have been on the beach for a few day 's the sand is that compact that you don't really transfer much sand into the van. :becky:

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Ok here is our new Starcraft and Land Rover Discovery 3 petrol. Did well averaged 17.6 on our trip which was less then I thought :) on Freeway down to 13-14 which not so bad. We could feel the van although no sway not sure if ESC or just lucky. Sat on 90ish and had lots of trucks zoom past on the Western Ring road
img_4784-jpg.jpg
IMG_4787.jpg

Reactions: Moto Moto and Dandy

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Our other car is a Kluger and I have a cunning plan that ends up with ends up with a new Jeep at the end of this lease and to keep the Patrol. That way we end up with a real 4x4 and a modern sleek SUV that can both tow.

Wow............that's the first time I've heard of a Patrol being classed as a modern sleek SUV:D:behindsofa:

Reactions: dagree and Dandy