Ligedy's 17.56-2 OB

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Ligedy,

Awesome van setup - gotta be happy with that list of extras - almost the same as ours. Wife does not complain about the extra I spent on the van now :)

Like the covers and tool box - some real thought has been put into this Panda

Happy days!!

Reactions: Ligedy

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Great looking van mate. Might just be mine, but I have mudflaps at the front of the wheels hanging from the chassis rails like the rears... Not sure if yours are missing or mine are an extra... Keeps mud at bay thats for sure!!!

Get out and enjoy it mate. If you are looking for a good first trip not far from Mackay, I'd reckon the Cape Palmerston van park. Very quiet and a beautiful beach just a short walk away!

Enjoy the new rig guys...

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Seriously great work mate. Love the Gas bottle covers. They look like little leather jackets.
If I were you I would be tempted to spray them gloss black, it will look like you have 2 little Fonzies on the front of the van! :thumb:

Reactions: blacky and Ligedy

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Ligedy,

We are in Brissy as well... Are you able to give me an idea on the price of the toolbox?
Am happy for a pm if you do not wish to put on here. It is very similar to what we are after , but may just have doors on the side so I can put a slide out to have the gennie sit on instead of a full drawer.

BJ

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Great looking van mate. Might just be mine, but I have mudflaps at the front of the wheels hanging from the chassis rails like the rears... Not sure if yours are missing or mine are an extra... Keeps mud at bay thats for sure!!!

Good idea! Mine were never there :( Well it never arrived with them so will have to look putting them on.
Get out and enjoy it mate. If you are looking for a good first trip not far from Mackay, I'd reckon the Cape Palmerston van park. Very quiet and a beautiful beach just a short walk away!
Enjoy the new rig guys...

Cheers. Nearly ended up Cape Palmerston this coming weekend to catch up with some mates heading up from rocky but just got back from a trip down to Hervey Bay and Coolum Beach so I'll have to get there another time. Thanks for the recommendation – wasn’t sure what to expect but will definitely take the van down there for an easy getaway trip.

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Ligedy, We are in Brissy as well... Are you able to give me an idea on the price of the toolbox?

Am happy for a pm if you do not wish to put on here. It is very similar to what we are after , but may just have doors on the side so I can put a slide out to have the gennie sit on instead of a full drawer.

BJ

It was $1500 from Tong Metal. I got onto them after ringing heaps of fab shops and getting prices for this design - prices were around $800 to $1200 dearer elsewhere which was never going to happen, but then I saw Tong's display at the Mackay caravan and leisure show and emailed them my design.

They make generator slides too but they are in a taller box - I looked at trying to fit a gennie in too… then decided I can live without one.

The 2kva Hondas (425mm H) / Yamahas (445mm H) are a quite tight to fit in a box under the bed ends given there is only about 520mm from draw bar to bend end from memory. You need to allow for the box’s folded ends / seal lips around the openings - approx. 40mm top, sides and bottom = 80mm + 30-40mm for the slide… thus the opening isn't large enough. One option to look as is fixed generator and door that opens out of the way...

Cheers

Attachments

• job10179 REV 2.pdf
    12.9 KB · Views: 473
Reactions: blacky

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Awesome tool box Ligedy, hope you don't mind if I copy it. Can I ask where you relocated the spare to?
Go for it – don’t just copy though - improve on it to suit your needs :) I can’t say it’s all my design anyway - I took the core design from someone else who’s got one hanging off an Expanda… mine looks just like it ;) but then added a few changes to suit exactly what I wanted.

The only thing I don't like 100% about mine is the way they fastened the drawer slides to the bottom of the drawers as they are bolted on. There are little nuts protruding on the bottom surface which will wear holes in certain items if left resting on them in transit, I’m not sure what they can do to change the build but a bit a foam to bring stored items of the base will stop this. Other than that – love it.

I’m in the process of relocating my spare wheel under the floor at the very front of the van with a wheel winch. There are heaps of ideas and helpful posts on the forum on where others have done ripper jobs - i'll be sure to copy the bits that suits my install :D

Cheers

IMG_4549.JPG

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
It's been a while between posts – I can’t believe I let work get in the way of modding for so long but I finally got around to taking photos of the Kung Fu Expanda...

Picture says a thousand words… my boys love the “Kung Fu Cubby on Wheels” … and so do I 8-)

Kung Fu Expanda (0).JPG

Kung Fu Expanda (2).JPG Kung Fu Expanda (3).JPG Kung Fu Expanda (1).JPG Tow Bar Receiver for Bike Rack.JPG

Polaris dual cam installed for keeping any eye on traffic and tow bar receiver installed for carrying the bikes.

Last edited:

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
3rd Water Tank Install.
Piggy-backed the plumbing (filler and breather hoses) off the second tank and put in ball valves so water can balanced (and monitored using the existing RV control panel wiring) between the two tanks, or shut off when not needing to cart around extra water.

Water Tank Install 2 Before (1).JPG Water Tank Install 3rd Row (2).JPG Water Tank Install 3rd Row (3).JPG Water Tank Install 3rd Row (4).JPG Water Tank Install 3rd Row (5).JPG Water Tank Install 3rd Row (6).JPG

Reactions: CJ1177 and blacky

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Very neat work there mate. Was the inverter easy to install?

Yeah I reckon it is easy to install (with the right tools) but as usual getting the one thin remote wire up through the wall cavity was a PITA. I already had the second battery there to connect straight on to as well.

The inverter has auto sensing 240v/12v changeover and can be connected in line with the 240v circuit to power up all GPOs and turns off automatically when plugged into 240v however I like being in control of the battery drain and only connected it to a one GPO under the dining table.

I like having the remote panel given the inverter is under the seat - when I'm going cordless I flick on the manual switch on inverter (means lifting up the seat to get to it during setup/pack up) but from then on I can turn it on/off via the remote panel.