Kenshi's 2012 GLX D4D Prado 150

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
A couple of weeks ago the Kenshi clan traded in the Territory (Terry) for a new(ish) beast. Terry served us very we will miss him dearly, but with our impending 9 week trip through Central Australia, Darwin, Kakadu, Outback Queensland and then home, we wanted something more capable off-road.

I did mention the prado on my expanda thread, but took @17triton 's advice and started a thread on the build. He came with 25000km on the clock, brand new tow bar installed and Polaris GPS.

Not much has been done yet in terms of mods. Baby seat installed and I removed the retractable cargo cover. The prado (named Pierre by Mrs Kenshi) is booked in Tuesday for a bull bar and couple of other things. Then it's brake controller install and dual batteries to take care of.

Looking forward to seeing how he towes the expanda.

image.jpg

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Petrol or diesel @Kenshi123 ?
Our 120 series petrol pulled the previous 16.49.3 (not OB) as if it wasn't even there...... It feels the 17.56.2OB when it hits a hill but otherwise no probs so your should do just fine.

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Petrol or diesel @Kenshi123 ?
Our 120 series petrol pulled the previous 16.49.3 (not OB) as if it wasn't even there...... It feels the 17.56.2OB when it hits a hill but otherwise no probs so your should do just fine.

Diesel mate. Very much looking forward to turning it into the ultimate touring rig for us....snorkel included. ;)

Reactions: dagree

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Back today from a 2 day conference in melbourne. Happy to show off the first real mods to the prado.
The winch bar looks a treat and the install is of a1 quality. Couldn't hear any rattles etc coming from the bar

I fell on love with these lights and as much as people harp on about the price...I decided to go with them. Took then for a test run tonight and couldn't believe how bright they were!!! Wow. The setup is one pencil and one wide beam.
Didn't pay anywhere near full price for them but then I never do!

Now for pics!!!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Looks great @Kenshi123 !!! Gotta love the ARB gear don`t ya! Is it a winch bar? The lights work great.
Yeah mate. It's the winch bar. The price difference between the two was about $90 at the time. Easy choice. I may not ever get a winch but at least the option is there if I want it.

I have seen those ARB spotties getting around and are you happy with them, also if you don't mind me asking how much were they @Kenshi123 ?[/QUOTE

Hi mate. I will pm you. I am very happy with them as they throw out an incredible amount of light. Won't miss seeing any Roos now.

Cheers.