South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
My Layout.

14.44-2.jpg

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
Just bought myself a set of new carefree awning arms for my van. What a difference.

The people I bought my van from weren't very honest, and hid a few of the things that was wrong with the van when I bought it from them.

First thing I noticed were a couple of rips in the lounge cushions, these were hidden by rotating them over and out of sight. The other was the worn out awning arms. The sliding arm was heavily worn and used to fall out of the larger arm when setting up and packing up. When I bought the van it was parked alongside the house and unable to be extended out. I'd just driven 9 hours to buy the van. The buggars assured me there was nothing that needed doing as it was still virtually new.

So now after getting the lounge recovered and the awning arms replaced I now say it's in finally back in near new condition.

Last edited:

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
Nice day today down south again today, so I thought I'd throw another mod onto the van. I saw it in another thread and thought I'd do the copy cat thing.
I added a pole carrier to free up some space in the boot. A spot for my anti flap arms, tv aerial pole, fishing rod, and a few other bits and pieces taking up room in the front boot.

It's a 1600mm plumbers pipe, sealed at both ends. One end has a glued on cap, the other has a screw on thread and cap attached.

I also purchased 2 x 150mm holding brackets, 2 x 90degree Steel angles, bolts and nylock nuts with washers.

PIC 1.
photo-151.JPG

PIC 2.
photo-149.JPG

PIC 3.
photo-148.JPG

PIC 4. View of how I attached it to the van. I couldn't put it on the front A Frame as my bike rack is there and it would be an obstruction getting the bikes on and off. I also considered putting it behind the van, sitting on the rear bumper but thought that would obstruct the rego plate. Putting it under the rear bumper would reduce clearance. So I decided on the spot underneath, immediately behind the wheel to maintain good clearance. Any further back would reduce my clearance and I didn't want that. Having it there also enables me to remove poles, rods while being under the shade of the awning/ annexe.

photo-150.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 17triton

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
No mate. I just posted my last holiday pics as they weren't up here before.

Holidays coming up quick though.

3 in 1 Holiday

1. Christmas to New Year - Taking boat down to Jervis Bay
coast runner.jpg

2. Jan 3 to Jan 6 - Motel in Darling Harbour Sydney
dh.jpg

3. Jan 7 to Jan 13 - Murramarang in van, unpowered site (no powered sites available) taking kayaks, fishing gear, and my old mate Jim Beam.
murramarang.jpg

m2.jpg

Looking forward to all 3, especially part 3.

Last edited:

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
Looks good Pace. When I lined mine up, it seemed to obstruct the ergo plate a bit, although it also included a 90 degree steel angle.

Did you just bolt or weld the holding bracket straight onto the rear bumper?

All bolted in with 'tek screws' and manlipulated the flange holder too. Unfortunately Im not gifted with welding, though its something I'd like to learn. Pace.