17Tritons 17-56-1

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
beaufort1.png
Well here is a photo of our first night in the new expanda it was a overnight stop at Beaufort caravan park the weekend before australia day.Everything went well with the set up aircon was great flies were bad (licking the aeroguard of our faces).The van is a 17-56-1 we bought it straight out of the yard.It is a 2012 model it was already set up with a few extras like dropdown table,cd player and outside speakers,wineguard aerial,150lt fridge and then we added a battery pack and Bartlett annexe,we are very happy with our van.As far as mods go i have put shelves in the robe near the door,put the bunnings tiles down,put a pole carrier in the front boot for the AFK and curved bars.Now we just seem to be away nearly every weekend giving it a good shakedown in the warranty period.
cheers Matt.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Great excuse to get away more often!
And buying straight of the sales yard has saved you months of waiting for a new order. Nice!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
shelves1.jpg
shelves2.jpg
shelves3.jpg

Here is some pics of the shelves i made for the wardrobe next to the fridge i didn`t want to screw into the sides so i made it free standing and it fits snuggly into it.You can see where i notched it out around the screw blocks in the wardrobe.I had to pull it apart and reassemble in the wardrobe and it works well.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
View attachment 12842
Heres one of the pole carrier in the front boot it hold the AFK and 2 curved roof bars nicely and the leg winder slides down behind it also.

Like the pole carrier in the front boot, great idea. Might have to steal that one! Am trying to tidy and sort the mess in our front boot. There's crap everywhere, drives me mad. I like to have a spot for everything rather than the throw it all in method.
And the carpet looks great, very well fitted. Plus the bonus of replacing 1 tile if it gets stained rather than the whole lot!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
thx lara and skip,no glue mate it just sits there they have a little bit of weight in them with the backing and i took the screws out of the plastic door step ,slipped the tile under and screwed back down.

Reactions: skippy

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Like the pole carrier in the front boot, great idea. Might have to steal that one! Am trying to tidy and sort the mess in our front boot. There's crap everywhere, drives me mad. I like to have a spot for everything rather than the throw it all in method.
And the carpet looks great, very well fitted. Plus the bonus of replacing 1 tile if it gets stained rather than the whole lot!
the pvc pipe is 150mm it is 1600 long i got 1 end cap and 2 saddles for about $36 bargain it does tidy it up a bit.i set it back just a little and put my tent peg bag in front while travelling.

Reactions: Xpandafan

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
Hi Triton

Love your mods...have showed my hubby your cupboard ideas...either that or will opt for Lara's baskets. The carpets also look great, so I will have to look into that to protect the floor...my bbq has already made a mark on the floor (even though it is in a case).

Tracy

Reactions: 17triton

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Nice mods mate. I really like the pole carrier idea. Where did you get it for that price? Love shelving unit also. Keep em coming.

Reactions: 17triton

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
plasticbox1.jpg
plasticbox2.jpg
plasticbox3.jpg

Next to do some shelving. Drove around all morning finally found these box`s at bigw they fit perfectly,and for the huge outlay of $8:00 ea!

Reactions: skippy and Lara

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
plasticbox3-jpg.jpg
With this bottom drop down door i`m going to hinge it off the rhs and then remove the 2x1 so the box can slide in there. I forgot to mention these boxes are the ones on rollers. That should keep me busy for a while on the weekend.

Reactions: Lara

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
shelves4.jpg
shelves5.jpg
shelves6.jpg
shelves7.jpg
shelves8.jpg

Well heres the shelves in the wardrobe all done. To protect the bottom front edge of the wardrobe i put a ply base down,in our old expanda we didn`t do this and it got a bit damaged from dragging the boxes in and out. The bottom drop down alteration was pretty easy to and now we have a clothes box each to take from house to van and vice versa. I made a little shelf up the top where we will probably put ipads and small stuff up there.

Reactions: blacky and Tayla