17Tritons 17-56-1

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Hi 17T, nice mods. Any chance of posting the links for the lights and tv bracket.
Cheers Geoff

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I like those lights @17triton look like a bargain, i need a reading light for the dinnette, i like to read when the wife and kids go to bed, sure beats a torch.

Reactions: blacky

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I like those lights @17triton look like a bargain, i need a reading light for the dinnette, i like to read when the wife and kids go to bed, sure beats a torch.

Yeah mate the wife loves to crossstitch and used it last time we went away and got the thumbs up. Can point them just about anywhere too, only 3w but seems bright enough.

Reactions: Moto Moto

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
seatvelcro1.jpg
seatvelcro2.jpg

Latest mod was to stop the dinette seat sliding out making the backrest fall down behind it. How Jayco think those little round spots can hold an adult from sliding the base out has got me beat? Anyway a bit of glue and a large strip of velcro did the trick.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Gave the van a wash today after getting back from Warrnambool and treated it to a birthday, I got a bit carried away. There was a lot of that sea spray grime all over it so I started on the roof then popped the roof up and did the vinyl and the awning top and bottom. Then I washed all the outside, not stopping at that I noticed a lot of dust on the vinyl top on the bed ends so I opened them up and removed the mattresses and went silly cleaning the canvas as well as the jambs and under the beds. We have some hot weather on the way so it should dry nicely. I removed the floor tiles from inside as well and was impressed how they have protected the floor. I still have to wash the floor and pressure wash the tiles and give the van a polish but I think it is well worth doing.

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Gave the van a wash today after getting back from Warrnambool and treated it to a birthday, I got a bit carried away. There was a lot of that sea spray grime all over it so I started on the roof then popped the roof up and did the vinyl and the awning top and bottom. Then I washed all the outside, not stopping at that I noticed a lot of dust on the vinyl top on the bed ends so I opened them up and removed the mattresses and went silly cleaning the canvas as well as the jambs and under the beds. We have some hot weather on the way so it should dry nicely. I removed the floor tiles from inside as well and was impressed how they have protected the floor. I still have to wash the floor and pressure wash the tiles and give the van a polish but I think it is well worth doing.
Will drop my van off later today mate ;)

The Wadamses

Jan 13, 2014
Tassie (near Launceston)
i need a reading light for the dinnette, i like to read when the wife and kids go to bed, sure beats a torch.
We use the bed lights that came with the van for both tables - the leads stretch just comfortably from the plug-in jacks to the middle of each dinette and the clips grip onto the pelmets. Has served us well so far, but I'm loving your lights for one of our next mods, thanks Triton.
Might be a good interim option for others until the new lights arrive tho; sure beats holing a torch! :)

Reactions: 17triton

Barra

Apr 11, 2014
Townsville
Thanks @17triton for your pics on the shelving you made up. I took your idea and did away with our clothes cupboard with hanging space and made up some shelves myself for us to use for clothes storage. It all fits together tight inside the cupboard so nothing is fixed to the van. I can remove the top shelf and leave the second one if we really want some hanging space. All of it can also be removed if need be. Here are some pics....
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: 17triton

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Thanks @17triton for your pics on the shelving you made up. I took your idea and did away with our clothes cupboard with hanging space and made up some shelves myself for us to use for clothes storage. It all fits together tight inside the cupboard so nothing is fixed to the van. I can remove the top shelf and leave the second one if we really want some hanging space. All of it can also be removed if need be. Here are some pics....
View attachment 22801 View attachment 22802
Great stuff @Barra that's what this forum is all about sharing ideas.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I had my mate who is a auto elecky and importer give me some leds to put in the van no charge. All he wants is some feed back as to ease of fitting ,brightness , how they stick, wear and tear etc. They are from a new supplier. They seem really good and look forward to getting out and using the van. They certainly make a difference.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
View attachment 24360 View attachment 24361 View attachment 24362 View attachment 24363
I had my mate who is a auto elecky and importer give me some leds to put in the van no charge. All he wants is some feed back as to ease of fitting ,brightness , how they stick, wear and tear etc. They are from a new supplier. They seem really good and look forward to getting out and using the van. They certainly make a difference.

Damn... could have given me a heads up mate after I just shipped some in from Fleabay! :) Either way, if he needs some more "test" bunnies I'm happy to swap over to them and keep the others for spares... Regardless, how much brighter do they make the inside of the van??

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I put the 2 large square ones over the dinette and they have made a huge difference, the boss recons she will hardly need to use the little spot lights I put above the table now. Really happy. Excuse the mess.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 293
Reactions: iadizajy and dagree