17Tritons 17-56-1

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
looks like great minds think alike for mods this weekend mate. Although yours are a little more advanced than mine. Well done and it looks great!!!

Reactions: 17triton

Brettmc

Oct 18, 2012
Perth
View attachment 12826 View attachment 12827 View attachment 12828
Here is some pics of the shelves i made for the wardrobe next to the fridge i didn`t want to screw into the sides so i made it free standing and it fits snuggly into it.You can see where i notched it out around the screw blocks in the wardrobe.I had to pull it apart and reassemble in the wardrobe and it works well.
Thanks for the pics 17 Triton i have done something similar , first two shelves are 300 mm apart and the third is at 200 mm . I used marine ply as it was the flattest sheets i could find.The standard ply was all warped.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Thanks for the pics 17 Triton i have done something similar , first two shelves are 300 mm apart and the third is at 200 mm . I used marine ply as it was the flattest sheets i could find.The standard ply was all warped.
No worries Brett, in that pantry cupboard the aluminium angle keeps everything straight.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
curtains1.jpg
curtains2.jpg

Todays mod, the curtains, a big thankyou to mrs triton for doing a great job making these up!
I got the easy job of putting the track up. One problem is i think the plastic track slides are the wrong size.
They tend to bind very easy not at all like the original ones on the bed ends.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
That looks great 17triton, big pat on the back for the wife's sewing! What a difference some curtains makes, great colour choice too!
Why are all the experienced sewers in Melbourne :(
Sydney...... Anyone....... Help.........

Reactions: 17triton

RidgePanda

Mar 5, 2013
Barden Ridge
That looks great 17triton, big pat on the back for the wife's sewing! What a difference some curtains makes, great colour choice too!
Why are all the experienced sewers in Melbourne :(
Sydney...... Anyone....... Help.........

Lara Mrs RP is a great sewer, but I cant tell her of your dilema for fear that she will want to reupholster The Panda, and given we cant agree on plants for our front garden (for over 6 mths) I doubt we will agree on new colours for The Panda..........this doesn't help does it :D

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Lara Mrs RP is a great sewer, but I cant tell her of your dilema for fear that she will want to reupholster The Panda, and given we cant agree on plants for our front garden (for over 6 mths) I doubt we will agree on new colours for The Panda..........this doesn't help does it :D

Now that's just teasing RidgePanda! Tell her I'll sort your front garden and she can come here and sew!

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Sympathies RP. I'm in the fortunate position that Mrs XF always willing to tell me what colours WE like!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Thx Antman I never even gave the dust a thought but yes it would help, I don't think I will use the lids the wife wouldn't like that she likes to carry that little bit extra in:p.

Reactions: blacky

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
We did a trip at christmas time which involved the oodnadatta track and various other dirt roads. We did the trip with my wifes parents, us in our expanda and them in their discovery. Pre trip we both did van preps which also involved sealing for dust. I siliconed under the van and inside the van. Figured that if it gets past the underside, then hopefully the inside sealing would stop it. The discovery was only sealed from underneath but im not sure to what degree. Anyway, the expanda faired very well and had minor dust in it and nothing in any cupboards :). The disco however was a different story. You could take things out of some of the cupboards and you would have sworn that they had been buried in the desert.

So dust sealing was pretty important and the lids IMO if you are on those types of roads would be money well spent!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
bikerack1.jpg
bikerack2.jpg
bikerack3.jpg

Next project i am making is a custom bike rack,it might take a few weeks to build but should be good. I have bought a pacific bike rack which i will have to mount onto a cross bar.

Reactions: pace9908 and Lara

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
bikerack4.jpg
bikerack5.jpg
bikerack6.jpg
bikerack7.jpg
bikerack8.jpg
bikerack9.jpg
bikerack10.jpg

Here is the bikerack almost finished . Just have to add a few gussets and clean and paint. The bikes clear the gas bottle nicely,its very solid got the wifes approval ( shes a structural engineer):biggrin1: I think i might try and utilize the bolt threads sticking up by making a cage to keep the sullage hose in, or mount the weber on.