Wiring questions

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Hi All,

The new BT-50 has arrived and it has come with a 12 plug (wasn't able to get a 7 pin (something to do with warranty). Anyway, when we bought our 17-56.2 last year we had a patrol with a 7 pin round and anderson plug so we had the van changed to match the car. I guess my question now is.... do we change the wiring of the caravan back to a 12 pin flat (and is this just a matter of taking the andersen plug wires to 9 and 10 on the 12 pin?) or do we take the 7 wires from the round to the top 7 pins on the 12 pin flat leaving the other 5 and having an andersen plug installed on the BT-50. The BT-50 doesn't have enough room for a 2nd battery under the bonnet so will be running off the one battery. We will have 2 batteries in the van which will be fully charged before each trip.

Thanks in advance
Andrea

2011 17-56.2, 2012 Mazda BT-50 Dual Cab

seanparky

Jul 19, 2012
Brisbane
Hi Andrea. Changing your plug on your vehicle wont change any warranty issues. Sounds like they were too lazy. If i was you put another anderson plug on car using at least 6B&S cable this will reduce any voltage drop to your van. Remember to wire it thru a solenoid so this line is isolated when vehicle is turned off this will ensure you dont flatten your main batt. Problem with running charging cable thru the 12pin plug is pins are not big enough. The van fridges draw 15amps and over time pins will melt ( common problem). Hope this helps