Will this setup bring us around Australia or not?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Any vehicle bought at auction is a lucky dip, you pays your money then you get the roadworthy, in NSW the rego is over a grand and you could get hit with a big bill on repairs before you get a pink slip ( or whatever they call it now), that HiLux while in Melb could be a can of worms with drive train damaged after a whack up the bum like that....... You want no damage, oil leaks even dodgy light lens as you will need a pink slip to change rego...your here for a holiday, no need to wait for some spanner Chucker to do work..........if buying private ensure the roadworthy is current without it its just a lot of trouble and make sure wherever you buy it, you get a REVS certificate, then it shouldn't get repossessed as you travel.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Another curly bit will be when the vehicles need the registration renewed being NSW they will require a roadworthy so easier if it's done in NSW as other states paperwork could cause glitches, places like QLD, Vic don't require you to get a roadworthy for renewal, you just pay up, they just want your money.....

https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/registration/renew/index.html

Cracks if anywhere in the screen will fail, stone chips not on the drivers side will pass but in some cases will fail......

Reactions: Jack Lucy & Josh
That "windscreen-crack-car" has already been sold, so no need to worry about that anymore.
We might go with a NAVARA as this is - financially - the only option we have at the moment.
Has got a valid rego so that shouldn't be a problem. Today I will have the NRMA mechanic that a look at to see if the car is in such a flawless condition as the seller says. ;-)

Reactions: Drover
Damn!
Our preferred car was given a "no go" by the NRMA mechanic check!

Not quite the answer what I expected but … rather not buy that car than being stuck in the middle of nowhere.
I am looking for cars since 10 days. I am sick of it … just want to pick up our expanda and hit the road!

This leads us to Plan "B" which means buying a car from a local dealer.
That car has a canopy, solar on top, 2 additional batteries in the back (just missing the Anderson wiring and some additional sockets at the back) and a flawless car history. Is a fleet-leasing car that has been returned.
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1203863499

Dealer sells it for 19.500,- including "Integrity Endurance Plan "D" Warranty (1-Year) with 5-star Roadside Assist .Value of warranty $1200."
https://www.iwarranty.com.au/images/Endurance_Motor_Vehicle_Warranty_Brochure.pdf
Worth it? (19K if I take it with no warranty)

Need NRMA Roadside assistance anyway as I don't believe that product will cover towing a caravan around Oz.

Not my day today!
Uli

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Dealer extra warranty is usually rubbish, the rare ones are value but are rare, NRMA roadside good value, the vehicle looks clean, no great wear inside shed, not fully up on Navara's but @Crusty181 bleeds Nissan so should be good for an opinion........................if the NRMA check canned the other one it must have been a sh*t box for sure...........................theres some lovely places to see where you are and some local expandas fellas that should be able to help out I reckon, but the anderson for the fridge can be done later, fridge on 12v once its all chilled down isn't a make or break thing, I have often drove for 5 hrs with fridge off, and only a small rise in temp....................on bluddy hot western QLD days too.

Reactions: Jack Lucy & Josh