white Knuckles 16.49.2 OB and adventures

peter h

Feb 12, 2014
hello knuckles
i have sent you pm about your awning.
do you have any advice or tips on the fitting / securing the awning to the the side of the van? is the any thing you would have done differently?
sorry heath i sent you a pm by mistake
peter

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2013
Mount Cotton QLD
Our last trip was down to Northern nsw. The location was west of grafton on the boyd river near Dalmorton.
We spent 3 night right on the river at a lovely grassy camp site which we had all to ourselves. We spent a mourning looking around the area at the old Dalmorton township and the old tunnel. I highly recommend the camp site 4 hr's from Brisbane but a great free campsite.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Reactions: Wanda

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
And lastly for now sorry for the over load was our Trip to Northern NSW. Our first destination was Paddy's flat a free camp on the Clarence river. It was very spacious and we had the place to our self most of the time. The River was low but still deep enough for a good swim and could kayak the 300-400m section. Getting there involved a mildly corrugated road with some steepish hills which sore the prado's automatic transmission over heating light come on for the first time ever. The place its self was an easy drive in and extra clearance helped but was not necessary. There was some massive goanna's and a resident red belly black that would swim backwards and forwards across the river daily. The trip out along the dirt road was wet and patches of clay made for a slippery exit.
View attachment 19358 View attachment 19359 View attachment 19360 View attachment 19361 View attachment 19362 View attachment 19363 View attachment 19364 View attachment 19365
From here we moved onto Black rock National park which is just south of Evans head, it had drop toilets and we were located just behind the dunes which gave good protection from the wind. The Kids loved the surf and we would have a swim in Jerusalem creek everyday.
View attachment 19366 View attachment 19367 View attachment 19368
Other places I would like to go is Pebble beach also down in Northern NSW but it involves driving along the beach and a tidal creek crossing only suitable on low tide ( might need to have another vehicle come along) and Double island point and again I have yet to tow this on the beach so am a little hesitant. Has anybody towed the 16 foot along the beach, weight will be our issue so empty water tanks would help but need them full :(.
Love that last photo what an awesome spot

Reactions: jacbaz
Oct 22, 2013
Mount Cotton QLD
@davemc and @skippy yep I wanted one before our Vic high country trip but the misses was not keen but since I put a trip video together she regrets not getting one earlier with the gopro 4 out 3's might be cheaper but it's all the accesories that add up, I purchased some ram mounts for mounting on the car and they have worked well. @benandjordansmum maybe we will just have to do it again but together ? Any excuse

Reactions: skippy and davemc

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
@davemc and @skippy yep I wanted one before our Vic high country trip but the misses was not keen but since I put a trip video together she regrets not getting one earlier with the gopro 4 out 3's might be cheaper but it's all the accesories that add up, I purchased some ram mounts for mounting on the car and they have worked well. @benandjordansmum maybe we will just have to do it again but together ? Any excuse

We are heading back again at Christmas. We were heading to Fraser again for Christmas but had decided to go back to Straddie instead so we can take the dogs.

I just showed my husband your video and he said he recalled your wife and the greyhound...he had spoken to them on the beach when he was walking our dog!! small world...

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA

Bingo... @White knuckles I see you used rule number 1 in the "How to be a great Dad Bible"

Rule number 1 in the Bible : Always use the kids to your advantage when convincing SHMBO to acquire the necessary toys! Oh for the kids of course. :bounce:

Off to write my Christmas list:biggrin: but first check out some pricing on eBay.

Oct 22, 2013
Mount Cotton QLD
So it has been a while but on the queens birthday long weekend we headed up to bald rock national park for a few nights, it was a bit cool and our truma e2400 gas heater played up and would shut down after 10 seconds wasn't happy and no matter what I did I could not get it to work. On returning $210 later to be told they don't know what's wrong so off to domestic and $430 later 2nd board replaced and now is hit and miss but better but not perfect but unsure what else can be done, regulator is good voltage is good and ventilation is fine. Any how here is some photos of the trip.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: Smirke and dagree