white Knuckles 16.49.2 OB and adventures

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Thought she looked familiar. We have 2 girls of our own, now 9 (had her for 6 years) and 5 (had her for 3 1/2 years). We have also fostered / babysat greys for the Greyhound Adoption Program for the past 7 years.
View attachment 19410 My girls are the dogs touching noses. The centre girl was a foster, waiting for someone to adopt her permanently.
Good to see - as a vet I love to see greyhounds rehomed/looked after rather than euthanased - they are brilliant dogs....

Worj

Jan 20, 2014
Goulburn Valley Victoria
great set up mate, we have a 150 prado as well and i was just wondering weather you have done anything to suspension to stop it saging with the van on, I am looking at fitting air bags to the coils to help, we get our van in about 3 months and want to get it sorted first, thanks in advance

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Yep we run airbags and a 2 inch lift with bilstein shocks and dobinsons springs was looked after well by Zordo http://www.zordos4wdsuspension.com.au after a lot of research on prado point. :tea:

I had my springs and shocks done by Zordo as he is very active on the Navara forum. Had to take it back as second leaf was rubbing in chassis but he just removed the whole assembly and ground the surface of the spring and refitted it all. Dobinson springs with EFS shocks and wound up the front torsion bars.

Oct 22, 2013
Mount Cotton QLD
Well just returned from the Vic high country it has been a dream destination of mine since I can remember and it did not disappoint. We spent a few days in Mansfield caravan park visiting Craig's hut and the surrounding tracks. We then moved onto Talbotville free camp on the crooked river via Mcmillans rd (near Dargo), from hear we did blue rag, south basalt and billy goats tracks to name a few. We were part of a group of about 25 ish vehicles which split up each day. I will be heading back in the next few years but just with the swag so I can travel via the off road tracks from one side to the other. The first few days was wet but luckily the weather improved. We covered a fair bit of dirt roads and a steep rough rd in and out of Talbotville but the panda had no trouble and we were thankful for its comfort and heater at times
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Oct 22, 2013
Mount Cotton QLD
I loved Talbotville it was great, on the other side we went past a camp which was great called sheep yard flat they would be the pick of what I saw, but we only saw a vey small part of the area.

Reactions: Dandy

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
How do you like the BF's on the Prado. Looking to replace the HT tyres on mine in the next few months. Thinking of Bridgestone D694 but a few in here seem pretty happy with the BF's. How do you find the Airtec Snorkel. Any improvement in performance?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2013
Mount Cotton QLD
Didn't notice an improvement with the airtec snorkel and I was contemplating going for another tyre after these are done as find them a little slippery on greasy roads but think May be due to running higher pressures, after the trip to the high country the BFG's dominated over a lot of the other brands on the same tracks, luck and driving style may play a part but 2 sets of 697's ripped there side walls and you could not stop the BFG all terrains in mud to rock and in between so now I don't know what to do :).

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Didn't notice an improvement with the airtec snorkel and I was contemplating going for another tyre after these are done as find them a little slippery on greasy roads but think May be due to running higher pressures, after the trip to the high country the BFG's dominated over a lot of the other brands on the same tracks, luck and driving style may play a part but 2 sets of 697's ripped there side walls and you could not stop the BFG all terrains in mud to rock and in between so now I don't know what to do :).
Yeh it's tricky, I like the 697's, tough decision, get it wrong and ya stuck with the buggers for awhile....:)

Oct 22, 2013
Mount Cotton QLD
Yeh it's tricky, I like the 697's, tough decision, get it wrong and ya stuck with the buggers for awhile....:)
Pretty much was thinking the 697's or cooper at3 next but neither went as well off road as the BFG all terrain, so may just get them again or look at the st max or see what mickey Thompson have, decision decisions. I do no a set of mudys looks great but not practical for the driving and terrain we mostly do :(.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
yeh what ever I pick has to be good onroad, driving the boys around Brissy is 90% of our Prados miles. We like doing a few miles on dirt out west. One person that can offer an opinion is @BUSH PALACE, he's our resident tyre expert in here... :)
what do you think BP, you need to take your Bridgestone hat off..... :)

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
yeh what ever I pick has to be good onroad, driving the boys around Brissy is 90% of our Prados miles. We like doing a few miles on dirt out west. One person that can offer an opinion is @BUSH PALACE, he's our resident tyre expert in here... :)
what do you think BP, you need to take your Bridgestone hat off..... :)

Ok the hat is off - starting with Coopers we are getting a heap of this brand coming in with lateral cracking around the bead also very hard to properly balance up and keep balanced and their wear factor is nothing like they discribe ( read the fine print on the guarantee ) Mickey t fly under the same banner , not many of these up our way so not much feed back .
I find it hard to believe that the 697s had side wall damage as they have one of the best sidewall constructions out and are showing to be the A/T leader . BFG use to be thee tyre but they too have cut costs in construction but still a premium price.
Personally i run 315/75 R16 toyo muddys on my cruiser and have found these to fit my purpose clocking up 73 k on my last set with 8mm of tread still left .
Maxxis have introduced a BFG take off called the 980 ( im trying these on my other camper ) looks a god tyre / tread relitively new so not a lot of feedback but what has come back is all good . The other big seller in Maxxis a/t range is the 700 - tread pattern as the 694 b/s
my A/T pick is - Bridgestone ( hat still off )
Maxxis range
BFG
In muddys Toyo
Maxxis 764 / 762 bighorns
Bridgestone ( have these new type on the expanda )
This is my pick - take it as you like...

Cheers Russell

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Glad you enjoyed our neck of the woods @White knuckles, looks like you captured the area perfectly in your photos.

Sheepyard and surrounds is a regular area for us, we were there the weekend before Easter for a few nights actually.

Did you walk into Bindaree Falls, the one you can walk behind?

Oct 22, 2013
Mount Cotton QLD
Thanks @BUSH PALACE food for thought, @cruza driver we got to the entrance of bindaree falls and the track was closed and they had some machinery in there up grading or repairing? :(. Tracks were nice in the area the jeep track was a little slippery in one place and a few needed a snatch but a little left foot got us threw.

Last edited: