Front skirt for more rock protection

Attachments

• IMAG1056.jpg
    IMAG1056.jpg
    891.2 KB · Views: 315

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
very nice I have been thinking very hard about getting the 2.4 over the 2 due to being quiter and larger fuel tank. Do you run yours on that mount? any fumes come in through the bed canvas?
Thanks Shane

whiplash

Mar 3, 2014
Nah it is just for transport. I take it out as if I have it facing outward to start it the exhaust faces into box and if I turn it around can't start it as doesn't slide out far enough. Ideally would need to be on other side to run it on tray. Fume wise is why I relocate it.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Certainly answers my questions at to a Ranger and a WnP making it over the GRR. Any particular dust entry problems and what speeds were you doing it at?

whiplash

Mar 3, 2014
Certainly answers my questions at to a Ranger and a WnP making it over the GRR. Any particular dust entry problems and what speeds were you doing it at?

thanks everyone

Yep heaps haha. Dust was the only issue I had. Basically the main rear door and the wheel arches were the culprits. Unfortunately I didnt get the POS pressure system finished before I left. suggest running a bit of grease over the seals at the back door (It moves soo much) and sealing up the arches as best you can. also the floor in the back of the WNP was not sealed up at all around the walls.

Ranger wildtrak roller shutter was letting dust in after a bit as screws were loosening and getting lost aver the corrugations. But it was loaded up more than its initially designed to.

It was like the old finger in the dyke trick. plug one up another showed..... id prefer that over what my old man suffered on the trip but as he pretty much had to rebuild the whole thing when he got home and his van was considered offroad spec.

Speed 90km/h average as it was the most economical (rolling in some bits that were that corrugated) could do 110km easy but sucked the juice. was good for overtaking but. some sections youd drop to 50km/h
fuel consumption around 20-23l/100 (30l/100 on headwind/ overtaking)
tyres were at 35psi in car and 30 in van.
Engine temps etc were all normal.

only thing id change is the need for some airbags. Other then that I could not fault it..

Oh and I broke a tailight from articulating the van and car too much on an offroad track.....We didn't stay on the designated track all the time :).

For all that want to do it....it really is just a dirt track. get your pressures right and don't be silly and it will go fine. oh BTW the van is standard solid axle leaf sprung too. nothing special here.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Great pics.... Looking so much to getting back up that way and having a good look around!

whiplash

Mar 3, 2014
It wasnt busy at all. Its been a very late season which is why I opted to go in Aug. Water was still very cold for barra season. so didn't get the line wet often. Days were awesome. id say its getting a bit more now.

Reactions: cruza driver