14' Series WHat advice to stop tow away theft?

albo42

Sep 18, 2012
Canberra
sorry if this has been covered. Got my spanking new van sitting in the driveway. I had a pretty useless lock that went inside the tow ball receiver on the old Finch. Without spending too much, how do you guys safeguard against van theft? Thanks Albo

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
I have a couple of things as mine is out the front, drop the corner stabilizers down as a start and keep a cover on it too, i have a wheel clamp from Repco, a tow hitch lock (Mine is a Trigg hitch) and i also have a steel cable lock that runs through the wheel and over the suspension and axel with a big good quality anti bolt cutting security padlock! even if they get the wheel off its still attached to the axel!
I have also seen people take a wheel off and sometimes the hub too!
I also have this sticker from a large caravan security company.....
DSC03201.JPG

I can hook you up with these stickers too, i had them made up.

albo42

Sep 18, 2012
Canberra
Thanks guys, got a full range of options between Lizard and Leesy there!
And thanks Pace, that thread covers it. Think I'll go a Brad-like approach, thanks all

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
A Rottweiler....... oh hang on a minute thats what my Jack Russell thinks he is haha! I think I may have mentioned somewhere else on another thread I am fortunate enough to live on the edge of a smallish country town and my Van is stored up the back of my acre property with my Ute parked in the driveway blocking the way out, but also I think the McHitch I put on the Van is probably a deterrent because the receiver on the hitch can only connect to the matching Taper pin on the vehicle and they are not as common as a ball or even a tregg but beside that, the locking pin which fits in the Receiver has a key lock fitted to the end of it and when left in you cant fit it over the Taper Pin
Cheers Grant