Weber Quick Connect Gas Coupling

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I bought one of these gas Quick Connectors on ebay for the vans Weber Q for $30.

One end permanently screws to the Weber and the other permanently screws onto the end of the bayonet hose, which no adapters required. Click and connect, bye bye spanner

s-l1600.jpg

JT76

Jan 24, 2016
Central Coast
Good idea, I just got a 3 meter gas hose which replaced the orig Webber hose. Stays on Webber all the time and I just wrap it around the base when not in use. Other end is bayonet so just plug it in when needed.

I think if you had a few of the above quick release fittings on what you needed then you could chop and change as needed so great idea!

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Good idea, I just got a 3 meter gas hose which replaced the orig Webber hose. Stays on Webber all the time and I just wrap it around the base when not in use. Other end is bayonet so just plug it in when needed.

I think if you had a few of the above quick release fittings on what you needed then you could chop and change as needed so great idea!
I have the same length of braided bayonet gas line. I found because it cant rotate when its permanently attached to the BBQ, constant use is causing it to crimp, and loose its shape. For that reason I dont leave the hose attached anymore, so thats where I thought this would solve that issue

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I just use a gas bottle under the Weber, it's then more portable and the Colorado can carry an extra bottle no sweat.

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Reactions: Drover and bigcol

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
I went into these very thoroughly..great idea I rang about using the nitto air fitting..and it was explained it wasnt gas rated..I then thought of the number of gas bottles you hear about exploding..so I thought not a good idea if you get a slight leak..went with @Ligedy bayonet kit which was good quality..priced the parts myself and just wasnt worth the running around for the little extra he charges. My weber hose is a pain to put on ..so these sound like an easy solution.I always remove my hose.but it puts strain on outlet doing so.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I went into these very thoroughly..great idea I rang about using the nitto air fitting..and it was explained it wasnt gas rated..I then thought of the number of gas bottles you hear about exploding..so I thought not a good idea if you get a slight leak..went with @Ligedy bayonet kit which was good quality..priced the parts myself and just wasnt worth the running around for the little extra he charges. My weber hose is a pain to put on ..so these sound like an easy solution.I always remove my hose.but it puts strain on outlet doing so.
The quick connector is not a Nitto air fitting, its a gas variant that resembles the Nitto air. The quick connector I purchased is made by gas fitting supplier Aquaknect in Sydney, the same gas fitting supplier of Ligedy's gas bayonet fitting kit so its as safe a path as any to take if you want to add the flexibility

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Do you sell these @Ligedy

I would be thinking of getting 1 barb for the Webber and 2 x quick connectors for each of my hoses (1 x Jayco Webber bayonet and 1 x traditional Gas bottle connector)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Did you find anywhere that sells just the quick connect end? I only need 1 x barb, but 2 x quick connect ends (if that makes sense) as I use a bottle at home and the bayonet hose on the van.
I wasnt looking. I didnt see any single ends but i assume they are supplied as pairs. You could try asking Aquaknect in Sydney if thats an option, at least youll know before searching about. If it is an option maybe @Ligedy can source them or at least you can find out who can

I would suspect that coincidentally which ever connection end you want is the $30 end, the other side will be the free one ;)