Weber Baby Q 100e

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
With the stove I currently use, it has a burner to put a pot on, and over the grill, I sometimes place a pan, so use the whole thing as a stove rather than a bbq. Would the Q allow a pan/pot sit on top of the grill plate? Or is there another accessory trivet which might allow it?

linrod

Jan 3, 2012
Inverloch, Victoria
After all the fuss we purchased a Weber Q 220e, with the dome lid and built in thermometer. It is absolutely awesome.
I haven't used my stove since buying it. Roast beef, roast pork, roast vegies, pizza'a, steak, salmon, cxorn on cob, kebabs, even egg souffle for breakky.
We got the medium sized as we are a family of 6 ,plus it is still a good size to take away in the van.
I will say I did notice it smoked a bit while roasting but no smoke at all when using the grill.:yo:
Happy Happy Happy http://www.expandasdownunder.com/images/smilies/yo.gif

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Hey Linrod,
So how do you perfect the roast vegies? I par cooked them and basted themin oil then put them on the trivet. They came out all dry and yuck.
Any suggestions??

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
I cook our veggies in the same dish as the roast ,usually Potatoes, Carrots and Pumpkin, put them in raw about 20 mins - half an hour after the roast and if they are ready a bit early take them out and then stick them back in to warm up when the roast is done

linrod

Jan 3, 2012
Inverloch, Victoria
Hey there Deano, all i did was potatos, pumpkin, carrots and parsnips. I used medium sized washed spuds and chopped them in half leaving the skin on, I then sprayed them with cookng spray and sprinkled Masterfoods Roast Vegie Seasoning on them. With the other vegies I just chopped parsnips in half long ways, then the same with the pumpkin and carrot and sprayed a dash of cooking spray on them. I cooked them around the roast pork on the trivet for about an hour. NO pre cooking at all. The only little complaint I have was that I should have put the parsnip on about 15 mins before the other vegies.
I have a photo of both the pork and the vegies but can't get them to load. I have got them into photobucket but have no idea how to get them from there to here sorry :rockon:

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
With the stove I currently use, it has a burner to put a pot on, and over the grill, I sometimes place a pan, so use the whole thing as a stove rather than a bbq. Would the Q allow a pan/pot sit on top of the grill plate? Or is there another accessory trivet which might allow it?

I see no reason why you could not put a pan directly on the grille. The weber only has a small flame compared to a normal bbq so that might alter the cooking times etc.

Reactions: straydingo

Doogle

Mar 18, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
I see no reason why you could not put a pan directly on the grille. The weber only has a small flame compared to a normal bbq so that might alter the cooking times etc.
You should be able to do that. I used a small frypan on ours to cook a couple of eggs and it worked OK.

However I would run the BBQ with the lid closed for 5-10mins to heat up the grillplate....then lift the lid and put the pan on.
The BBQ is designed to cook with convection heat (like an oven) as well as direct heat from the gas jets - though the direct heat isn't that hot as the flames are quite small, which is why they are so economical on gas.

With the grillplate nice and hot it should heat up your pan fairly well.

Dave

Reactions: straydingo

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Well here is the best dessert pizza ever.... now you will get the best results if you make your own yeast base and add icing sugar but if not just rub icing sugar into the base.
use softened cream cheese over base, place sliced strawberries to cover base. Drizzle with condensed milk and cook. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with cream or ice cream.
Its my own recipe and i have used banana instead of strawberries. Enjoy it is delicious. :tea:
Jenny

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Well Jenny - much food for thought! - Might just give it a go - thanks for sharing - agree make your own base - so easy.....

Cheers Bill

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
IMG_0245.JPG
OK So Technically I'm not camping anywhere and I still haven't taken delivery of my Expanda yet but here's a photo of the Sunday Roast in the Weber :tea:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I have got them into photobucket but have no idea how to get them from there to here sorry :rockon:
In the album page of photobucket run you cursor over the pic and different url's will be displayed below the pic.

Click the bottom one and the word ''copied'' will appear then go back to your reply on the forum and right click and click on paste then your pic will appear when submitting your reply

Reactions: linrod

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Hi guys how much should i pay for one of these ?
i shouldnt have looked at this b4 ive eaten theres slobber over the screen !!!

Feb 1, 2012
Hi guys how much should i pay for one of these ?
i shouldnt have looked at this b4 ive eaten theres slobber over the screen !!!

Around $280.00, after that's there is a couple of accessories you may buy. I would buy the roasting rack or find one that fits in the BBQ.

linrod

Jan 3, 2012
Inverloch, Victoria
hi there Bush Palace, we bought the bigger size Weber Q 220 as we are a family of 6. It's big enough for the large family but still compact enough to take away in the van. The price was $399 plus accessories.
Cheers Linda

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Thanks for that guys looks like were going shopping this week
Santa brought mine, he also got me the breakfast plate which is good for bacon and eggs in the morning :smile:

Another accessory worth getting is the triangle shaped wire brush it makes cleaning a breeze with just cold water when the grill or plate are still hot.

A trivet is also needed but I just raided the one out of the house oven :lol: