We picked our new 16-49-1 OB up

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
:D Boy what a beauty !! :D:D

As my other post stated they need to swap the cd for the dvd player but everything else looks great.
We'll need to go over everything again to see if we missed something that needs to be looked at but cant see anything at the moment.
It didnt come with 2 gas bottles but I dont care as our old one had 2 4kg bottles and this has 1 9kg but we're happy.

Oh the bonus is I ordered the solar ready[pre-wired]pack and it came with what looks, in size quite big , a agm deep cycle battery included .

I'll post pic's over the weekend as it dark and wet at the moment.

mfexpanda :D

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
Thats great news, can't wait to see the photos! They told me that you only automaticly get 2 gas bottles if you have a shower/toilet model. I take it you didn't order the battery? Does the solar pre-wire normaly come with a battery?

Andrew

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
We have the external shower only and no I didn't order a battery only the pre wire for the solar so I guess the battery was a bonus !

Now the work starts I have the 2x 80 W panels and a 30amp reg and some aluminium section to mount them. So hopefully over the weekend I can fit them onto the roof as well as the rear bumper I made ,the PVC tubing and the tool box on the front and a few other things .

Oh and some pics !

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Thanks
What a weekend could only get to do some work on it today,sunday, so I got the 2x80w solar panels mounted and working great. Front toolbox mounted
Will fit rear bumper and pvc tubes etc during the week hopefully.
I thing I did notice is it doesn't have a pressure vent fitted which the old on did. I thought all OB had them fitted .
Anyone else have an outback without the pressure vent fitted to the roof ?

and once again I haven't taken a pic yet but for those waiting for theirs they are truely beautiful :)

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
The pressure vent is the small 100x120 approx vent in the roof that you would open to positive pressure the van so that dust doesn't enter when driving on dirt roads .
It worked great on the old van

10petenat

Jun 5, 2011
Yeppoon, Central Queensland
We are just about to finalize our extras. Would you suggest doing the solar panels yourself. Does it work out much cheaper with the prewire. Also we have a 20 generator and wonder whether we will need solar as well??? Too much to choose.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I asked for a pressure vent when we ordered the van, but was told they wouldn't do it . :confused:

I too tried to order mine with the pressure vent as we were going to be doing a lot of off roading with it. My dealer told me that Jayco don't offer it anymore as they never got enough feedback on whether it actually worked or not, so they deleted it.
Having said that, we did approx. 8000k's of dirt last year and the interior faired OK with dust entry, but it would have been interesting to see if the van had the pressure vent...

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
heres a few hopefully more over the weekend

newvan1.jpg
newvan3.jpg

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
We are just about to finalize our extras. Would you suggest doing the solar panels yourself. Does it work out much cheaper with the prewire. Also we have a 20 generator and wonder whether we will need solar as well??? Too much to choose.
I did my own solar just got them to prewire I believe it works out cheaper. We too have a Yamaha gen 2.4 but You cant always use it plus the solar charges while you travel