We picked our new 16-49-1 OB up

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
Your van looks great and i really love the cupboard insert...does that come pre fitted or is that an extra that you have installed? happy travels.

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
Love the interior... I am really liking the new lighter joinery colours and handles. We have chosen the same upholstery colour as you and it looks great in your van which is good to see :)

Was the pull out pantry and storage rack an optional extra? We haven't ordered these, but I'm wondering if we could get a storage rack off Jayco to fit ourselves.. as that would be very handy for tea/coffee/sugar canisters etc :D

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Looking great. Very jealous. Is that the gas bayonet near the fold down table? Is the fold down table worth getting. Still deciding on that one or not?

no gas bayonet its the 12v outlet and yes we used the outside table alot on our old van so was a must have on the new one

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hello Andrew great looking Van. Did you get the extended drawbar or standard?

Is the solar wiring worth it? Obviously in your case scoring the battery = yes, but normally? It's $200 for what amounts to a few meters of wire correct? How do they terminate it on the roof, a junction box?

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Hello
Yes I have the extended drawbar
I think the solar wiring was worth it I did the last expanda from scratch and this was alot easier. Even though they run the wires , and yes they terminate in a junction box on the roof, you still need to cut the wire and connect a solar regulator .
newvan5.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks, geez it don't look like that flash a wire for $200 worth , definitely a convienence thing? Good to see the hose clamps on the tank fittings, our 2007 model just had cable ties.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
besides the odd overnighter to try things out the Sept school holidays will be 2 weeks away Flinders rangers then down the SA coast to relax and fish and hopefully catch Blue swimmer crabs

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hi again

What's the brackets under your drawbar box? Are they something you added, to help get over the wheel?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
besides the odd overnighter to try things out the Sept school holidays will be 2 weeks away Flinders rangers then down the SA coast to relax and fish and hopefully catch Blue swimmer crabs
Sounds like a great trip the Flinders Ranges are awesome, we've been there a couple of times once was dry and dusty and the next year everthing was green. We went past it on this last trip it was hard not to head in there for another look :biggrin1:

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Hi again

What's the brackets under your drawbar box? Are they something you added, to help get over the wheel?

Yep spot-on .:happy: without them the toolbox would foul on the spare wheel and I wanted to make sure the wheel could be removed without removing the box first.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Sounds like a great trip the Flinders Ranges are awesome, we've been there a couple of times once was dry and dusty and the next year everthing was green. We went past it on this last trip it was hard not to head in there for another look :biggrin1:

Looking forward to it and been following your post on the Flinders rangers etc