Water pump

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Has anyone have the same problem? The manual water pump is falling apart on a regular basis. The aluminum tube under the sink is working itself loose and falling off, I have taken it apart and put it back in place but after a week of use it falls back out again, everything fits tightly. Should I just be buying a new one?

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hmmmmmm, don't know about the under the sink part. We had issue with the internal plunger coming off all the time. In the end once again I placed it together again, I placed vasoline around the lower plunger, hey presto all good.

Oh Welcome to the forum, Pace.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
It's a 2004, so well out of warranty. Will try the vas. as that my be the problem, to much friction as the plunger is pushing the outside of the pump down till it falls away. Thanks.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
My sink mixer is doing the same. There is a brass nut under mine holding it to the benchtop which I have tightened. Gonna get Jayco to look at it when I take it in shortly.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Hubble mine was the same,I was in at jayco and quized them about it because they had only recently fixed it.He showed me a tap assembly in the box and it had 2 brass nuts so 1 to lock on each other,I only had 1 on mine and worked loose easily so i put a nyloc nut on as well (Pace did the same )hopefully all fixed.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
I think you guys are talking about a tap, mine is a pump it goes up and down works on suction pulling the water up through the tube that keeps falling off, probably don't have them in the newer ones.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
I think you guys are talking about a tap, mine is a pump it goes up and down works on suction pulling the water up through the tube that keeps falling off, probably don't have them in the newer ones.
Remember them well. Don't really miss the exercise, though probably do me good. Some of us have graduated to electric pumps, mixer taps and HWS. That's also why we go through so much water.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Yep , that's why I'm not keen on replacing it with an electric pump, most places we go water is scarce.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Yep , that's why I'm not keen on replacing it with an electric pump, most places we go water is scarce.
Fair enough. Replacement self-priming pumps are not that expensive (i've seen advertised for less than $40). Save yourself any more grief and wack in a new one.