Water inlet leaking

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, that is a good idea!
The tap Jayco use will only allow water one way (standard bib tap). You would have to change to a 1/4 turn valve but you have to think about the pressure limiting valve and tempering valve for the HWS. Not as easy as it sounds. Easy to divert the inlet with some new pipe to the back of the van in my opinion and get it out of where it is.

Reactions: achjimmy

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I posted about this a while ago, just to be on Jayco's side for once, its not a requirement to fit the clips so they have done nothing wrong however it is a cheap upgrade if you want to fit the clips. I did them on my last van and will do them on this van. I actually spoke to someone at JG and he confirmed there is nothing to worry about if the clips are not fitted.

I agree the clips are not an absolute requirement, but they to add security to the fitting to reduce the chance of them coming undone.

My leak was more about not being done up tight on the threaded end

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
The JG fitting will not come undone unless they have not been pushed in correctly. The nature of there design sees to this. Where I think the clips are good is anywhere you think you could load stuff and potentially push against the fitting lip as in the normal sequence of removing. For me this depends on the van, on the new starcraft it would be under the bed on the HWS but there is no need to go ape and do every fitting.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I recently got 36 of them and fitted them to my rig, since I bought a heap of gear including some off cut water line I don't know what they cost but it was only around 40c each at the place I shop in Toowoomba. Think I need about another 12 though. Have needed to retrim some hose though as they were done with a blunt axe originally I think and had a slight leak.
Typical Jayco QC.