Water inlet leaking

Kenty

Apr 9, 2013
Wanneroo WA
Hi all. Anyone have the continual dripping issue? I have researched this and found that people are changing their fitting over to Hoselink fittings. If so what have you done about the stop valve in the Jayco white fitting? Is the Jayco thread us fitting?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you mean it's leaking at the fitting where you plug your hose in, mine has the normal hose fitting and it leaked until I replaced the O ring,. problem solved.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Personally I don't like how the hose goes into the van and then down through the floor on my model. I am looking at relocating it to underneath the van. I also want to put valves on the line to fill water tanks to save having to disconnect and muck about when wanting to fill the tanks.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
My van is 3 days old, and we have 3 different water leaks.

The one of most concern is the one from the mains hose inlet. It has the Cost to Coast inlet with 2 tak fillers and the click on hose fitting in the centre.

After hooking it up for the first time on Saturday night, we found a puddle of water under the dinette table on Sunday.

I traced it back to water leaking underneath the lounge where the mains comes in and then disappears through the floor.

They use a step down threaded adaptor, and then a push on pressure fitting connecting to poly pipe.

After dismantling the whole thing and putting some more thread tape on, and tightening it all back up again (and having water spray all through the van on the first test), it seems to have fixed the leak.

Very disappointed that such as fundamental thing isn't tested under pressure before delivery.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic

The one of most concern is the one from the mains hose inlet. It has the Cost to Coast inlet with 2 tak fillers and the click on hose fitting in the centre.

After hooking it up for the first time on Saturday night, we found a puddle of water under the dinette table on Sunday.

I traced it back to water leaking underneath the lounge where the mains comes in and then disappears through the floor.

They use a step down threaded adaptor, and then a push on pressure fitting connecting to poly pipe.

After dismantling the whole thing and putting some more thread tape on, and tightening it all back up again (and having water spray all through the van on the first test), it seems to have fixed the leak.

Very disappointed that such as fundamental thing isn't tested under pressure before delivery.

I would have thought the dealer you picked it up from would have a list to check and tick off before delivery

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
The lack of clips in the John Guest fittings has been one of my major complaints with Jayco. Those black push on fittings (John Guest) are supposed to have a circlip where ever they are used/pushed on. My van had not a one!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just started to fit those red clip locks on mine, bought a 90deg fitting for a plumbing mod and the fella told me about them, the fitting complete with 2 red clip locks was $8, so they aren't expensive. Will have to go back and get about 2 doz of them, just a cir clip to stop the collar from moving.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
The lack of clips in the John Guest fittings has been one of my major complaints with Jayco. Those black push on fittings (John Guest) are supposed to have a circlip where ever they are used/pushed on. My van had not a one!

Yes one push and the hose was disconnected. Good tip about the clips, I've seen them before so will go out and grab some

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011

Welcome to Jayco :p

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Haven't had a leak (Yet) but will get under the van at some stage and check before our next trip in June!

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
I have a 16.49.3 and used around 4 dozen. The hot water pipes also has these fittings. Also inside the van around the 12v water pump etc.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
I too have tried diffent orings on the main conetion into the van and the connected is still leaking.
I am going to change it to match @Burnsy idea of a tap into the van as the main connector for the water inlet.:encouragement:

Reactions: Burnsy

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I too have tried diffent orings on the main conetion into the van and the connected is still leaking.
I am going to change it to match @Burnsy idea of a tap into the van as the main connector for the water inlet.:encouragement:
Hi mate, the inlet that I put in is just a brass click fitting, the tap is an extra and is an outlet only.
Cheers.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
any pictures on these red clips to hold hose in place. cheers

They are collet clips and are available at most places where the John Guest fittings are sold for about 90c each

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 330

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Haven't had a leak (Yet) but will get under the van at some stage and check before our next trip in June!
Spoke too soon...... Found a few this afternoon so will be under the van when we get home and mark them. Going to try and get booked in for a few other warranty jobs so will add the leaks to the list!

Reactions: seanparky

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I posted about this a while ago, just to be on Jayco's side for once, its not a requirement to fit the clips so they have done nothing wrong however it is a cheap upgrade if you want to fit the clips. I did them on my last van and will do them on this van. I actually spoke to someone at JG and he confirmed there is nothing to worry about if the clips are not fitted.

Last edited: