Warranty Jobs

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Our van went in yesterday for the warranty work as it was 12 months old on the 4-11. It had been booked in before our holiday for cracks in the fibreglass roof. After our holiday there were more problems showing up so a list was presented to the local agent who was doing the roof repair. Problems included
1. Fibreglass around heater vent was showing ripples
2. Dust in cupboards over and under the bed (our model only has a rear bed)
3. Shower wall bowing out from external wall.
4. Floor flexing and squeaking when you walk on it.
5. Aluminium angle around top of the van has 'paint' crazing at corners.
6. Curved bracket on corner of roof has lost a pop rivet.

When the guy came out to look at the van the first thing he saw was none of the above. He commented on the fibreglass on the side of the van. Alongside the fridge vent he noticed the fibreglass was delaminating which possibly means the whole side of the van will need replacing. So with Christmas holiday shutdowns, we wont have a van till late January. :frusty:

They are going to examine it and put in a quote to Jayco so we just have to wait.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I guess thats good and bad news, good that they are addressing your problems,bad about the wait, when do you find out how long it will take?

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
That does not sounds like it would be a one-off event. Hope it all works out for you and they get it properly sorted.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I guess thats good and bad news, good that they are addressing your problems,bad about the wait, when do you find out how long it will take?

I have yet to find out if they will address all the problems but I will be calling them on Friday to check progress. :cheer2:

I hope there is nothing major with yours, mfexpanda.

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
ours is also away getting some warantee work done.
most of the power point surounds wont stay on
jockey wheel colapsed
draw hinge fell off
plugged the antena in and the socket fell into the suround
one draw lock wont work
fridge wont get cold on gas
the draw under the lounge on a wicked angle
one water tank wont take water
6 new stickers
trim aro8und kitchen bench falling off
nothing were unhappy about just a few little things that there more than happy to fix.
while its there were getting an external shower and out side table as well as annexe walls fitted
cheers jim/tab and diamond

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
We had nothing but trouble with our fridge. It wouldn't work on gas either. We took our van to a guy twice and he couldn't fix the problem. I ended up taking our van back to Jayco (After a few not so nice words to Dometic) and they fixed the problem. Jayco informed my some of the new vans comming out of the factory now (Not just expandas) are have a few problems with the fridge not working. So check your fridges on gas when you get them to make sure they are working properly.

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Also getting the springs put over the axle Took it in and they want it to stay there for atleast a week

G,Day MF Expanda,

Which dealer is going to do this for you, I was trying to have this done pre delivery & they wouldn't have a bar of it...........

Paul

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Yeh $220 changed it :horn:

We there you go ....... Thay say we all have our price...

We picked our van up today from Prestige Geelong & I mentioned the underslung conversion & was told again they won't do it. You must have got them on a good day.

Turns out ours doesn't ride too bad, I just need to get a drop down tongue (about 100mm) & we should be OK.

Cheers,
Paul

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Can't wait to see a photo of the underslung on the OB mfexpanda!

Don't get me started on warranty issues, we had tons. Our in-laws dropped their brand new Sterling OB off to the dealer today to get a long list of items fixed. A few things here and there is OK, but long lists of items is just not good enough.

Gaz70

Banned
Sep 14, 2011
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
just be careful with changing the spring to above the axle....check with your insurance company for one....secondly you might have to put the double step on like the hawk or eagle...spring over with lift the van by 170mm ish, then if you need to ramp up that side due to uneven ground, it makes for one huge step getting into the van....also reaching the clips to unlock the poptop roof, just a few things to consider before doing the spring over...

Reactions: Moto Moto

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I pick mine up on monday avo hopefuly all the problems fixed and I asked the guy on the phone if the springs over were done and he said yes bring a step ladder ! :nod:

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
We picked our van up today from Prestige Geelong & I mentioned the underslung conversion & was told again they won't do it. You must have got them on a good day.

Our dealer here in Orange offered us one of the expandas in the yard and would undersling the spring free of charge. I suppose it all depends on the dealer.

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Our dealer here in Orange offered us one of the expandas in the yard and would undersling the spring free of charge. I suppose it all depends on the dealer.

Hi Mick,

Was that an Outback ? because I have heard they will undersling the on road models no problems.

If you can find a dealer that will do great, but I don't think the dealers are against it. The problem is the factory don't recommend it, something to do with ADR height restrictions. It's becoming obvious some dealers are still doing it anyway.
I'm happy with the height the outbacks are anyway & I do alot of outback offroad travelling. Mine Expanda still has more clearance than my Patrol with a 50mm lift. They are certainly lower than the eagle/swan outbacks used to be though.

Good luck with your new van,

Cheers,

Paul.

Sinko

Mar 21, 2011
Victoria
Our 17.56.1 was underslung from new. It's now about the same height as an OB and cost us about 200 bucks extra.