Viscount Grand Tourer

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi @expanda the van looks sensational, is it all done now? (I know they are never really all done but you know what I mean)

Hahhahahahahahahha sorry had just had to.

Its done so as in I have just spent a very comfortable month in her in some nasty weather and it was very comfortable for a family of four.

Still need to reclad the outside going to go with fibreglass sheeting for this job.

The most pressing job is really just making some changes after the month just gone as we have identified some things we want to make it more comfortable.

So we want to -

1) New fridge and larger, going to start another discussion on this as I am want something bigger 150l + but want to make sure I get the right thing. Have been reading up on compressor fridges as I am sick of stuff going off quickly in the absorption fridges but concerned about not being able to run it whilst touring.

2) We want to change the positing of the bed to the same as the old starcraft where the bed runs the length of the van. This would free up a section at the rear for a shower toilet. The main con is we would loose most of lounge so I am just doing some measurements to see how much of the lounge I can keep.

There is plenty of other stuff with the cladding I.e Change Windows to perspex and paint the widow trims black.

Plus a new sock on the pop top.

So a few things to do but primary thing is the fridge and then if we can keep some lounge and utilise the bed in the process then a shower toilet and then cosmetic stuff.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
At least you can use it now...and the other bits as the time and opportunity arise.

It sure looks better!

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Had a brother doing a very long rebuild and modifications to a car. Kept telling him it get it on the road and enjoy it and just do further work later. He said that I was always doing something on my car but I replied that it was always back on the road on Monday to get back to work for the week out of town.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Can't wait to see the cladding, the fridge okay fully understand, the ensuite, good luck with that, but, it will make it look better than a new one

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
So about to start work on the van again to get it sorted for the Flinders meet.

Plan is to rotate the bed so it's long ways.

Will loose a section of the lounge but you can sit on the bed in its replacement.

This will free up a spot in the corner were I am going to install a toilet.

Going the thetford cts 4110 will install against the side wall and rotate the bowl.

Also putting in a battery charger, water pump and tank plus converting lights to led.

Will keep you posted with some pics along the way.

Just sourcing a bed frame etc....

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
hahahahahaha

I was just re-reading - and I think I have the wrong end of the stick

but

the dometic / thetford is going to be next to.............................. the bed?

Reactions: Drover

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Diigitus extractus. :behindsofa:

Sneak peak.....

All this makes a bed!

Weekend is nearly here.....

M100-117_9a1db6b290e909a1c04f9b57393692b2.jpg alloy.jpg