17' Series vehicle lift?

Apr 6, 2015
mt barker sa
20150611_121030.jpg
My question is only a little related to this thread so apologise up front if it would be better placed elsewhere.
For Prado owners: I have just bought a 2014 Prado GXL (Toyota tow bar fitted) and am interested to know if you tow with the hitch in the normal or inverted position. On our first trip away, I started with the hitch in the normal position. The van (17 ft Windsor Horizon) was pretty close to level and I could open the rear door of the Prado. All seemed good however when trying to unhitch at our first stop, I found I could not remove the anti sway bars (four bars - two each side) from the fitting on the tow bar so that I could reverse the van. After a bit of swearing and cursing, finally got the van onto the site. For the next leg of the trip, inverted the hitch which made it easier to fit and remove the anti sway bars but prevented opening of the rear door with van attached. One suggestion I was given was to leave the hitch in the normal position and use the jockey wheel to raise the couple point enough to remove the sway bars. Acknowledge there are many and varied tow setups to suit individual's tug and van but would welcome any general comments.

I also have a 2014 GXL prado towing a 17.56-2 here is how mune is set up, with genuine towbar. The bottom of the door just touches the tow hitch release handle depending on angle
20150611_121030.jpg

Reactions: Curryhouse

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
mine are very different reese ones what brand are yours mine clears the door easy your ball looks heaps high is the van level when hitched up ??? now u need a stone stomper

Reactions: Daniel Peterson

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
IMG_3100.JPG

there you go @Daniel Peterson 15 psi in my airbags if you measure the car before I hitch up and then after I hitch up its the same soooooo good I look down the bonnet instead of over it if that makes sense a closer pic of the hitch coming I have new pedders springs on the back just standard ones but there better than Toyota stronger not that expensive if u get bags and springs put on at same time don't have new shocks

Apr 6, 2015
mt barker sa
Cheers bluey. Thats a lot more level than mine! I will have a play tomorrow with the set up and see if i can get it more level but the rear bags may have to be a go ahead

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Cheers bluey. Thats a lot more level than mine! I will have a play tomorrow with the set up and see if i can get it more level but the rear bags may have to be a go ahead
if u have time go to towbar place ask them to have a look with van on I thought I had mine ok got them to check and he changed it heaps hence sitting how it dose can never hurt to ask the pros what are ur level bars rated too

Apr 6, 2015
mt barker sa
Well i lowered the tow hitch on the car and pivited the ball and it sits a lot better. I also wound up the jockey wheel heaps more when hooking up the bars and got a lot more weight transfered to the front wheels. So im now happy with how it sits.

Reactions: bigcol