18' Series Upgrade from 17.56-2OB

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
I'm not sure if you call it a change of layouts, but we've ordered a 21-64OB as we have 4 boys ranging from nearly 8 to 13 and a half (upgrading from a swan). We eliminated the ensuite and replaced it with more cupboards and a bench. We were first told they'd move the bunks to where the ensuite was, but on our plans they left them where they are, which we think will look better. No problems with doing it at all. We also saw a similar van ordered by crikey campers here in perth with the dinette gone and replaced with the same cupboards but still with the fold out bunk on top.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
So we have asked a few dealers about putting a tri fold bunk over the dining table and got mixed responses. The factory starts up again tomorrow so will see what the verdict is! We have pretty much decided on the 22.68 as the wife wanted to get away from the Expanda beds. Will update when we have a response from Jayco.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
So we have asked a few dealers about putting a tri fold bunk over the dining table and got mixed responses. The factory starts up again tomorrow so will see what the verdict is! We have pretty much decided on the 22.68 as the wife wanted to get away from the Expanda beds. Will update when we have a response from Jayco.
Probably won't have it for the meet then?

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I'm interested in how you go @Hubble80. We were at Eppalock a few weeks back, and saw a couple with a Work N Play. Now, already having a "thing" for the Basestation, but not a fan of its massive size, I was very impressed with the bunk set up in the back of the WNP. As such it's now on the "watch for" list. Nothing wrong with our 17.56.2 but I just reckon the WNP would suit our needs and love the space. It certainly was a great set up the one we saw. Four bunks in the back (even 3 with a travel cot for now) could be an option for you.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
The size isn't an issue for us @Smergen as we have a shed for it being completed tomorrow, so housing it isn't an issue. The wife wants to get away from the Expanda beds and she loves the idea of a seperate toilet and shower. The 22.68 ticked all the boxes for us, so we are just talking turkey with some dealers now.

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
The size isn't an issue for us @Smergen as we have a shed for it being completed tomorrow, so housing it isn't an issue. The wife wants to get away from the Expanda beds and she loves the idea of a seperate toilet and shower. The 22.68 ticked all the boxes for us, so we are just talking turkey with some dealers now.

Nicely done mate. Sounds like you've got it all sorted. Looking forward to seeing the new wheels when you have them.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
@Hubble80 we have a 21, and you can't beat the space, especially with 6 of you in there.

Ours only has 2 bunks, but we saw the triple bunk at the dealers when we were looking around.

If it's a long term investment, then you won't look back.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
@Hubble80 I think it would be ok whilst the kids are little, but could start to get a bit squeezy as they grow.

You obviously still have both Expanda beds, and even the lounge dinette converter as well. We have slept 6 adults in ours.

Best bet would be to grab the kids and give it a whirl, although good luck finding a 21 on the lit somewhere. We saw ours in Brisbane but couldn't see one in Sydney. Ended up driving to Canberra to crawl over one.