unreal water crossing a must see for any 4x4 lover

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
that is/was a Myswag member. From memory he had a very good story to tell and he wasn't being reckless or yahooing.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Unreal in the sense of why do it?? I must be an aged person - though ask me one day about proving there is room to stand between a train and the guard rail on the Sydney Harbour Bridge........

Reactions: Bushman

willobee

Apr 8, 2015
Perth
Still gotta ask the question of do I have to go there?
Looked like there was certainly an element of luck involved, he never would have planned to do it that way!

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Unreal in the sense of why do it?? I must be an aged person - though ask me one day about proving there is room to stand between a train and the guard rail on the Sydney Harbour Bridge........
You should have been in Katherine NT in the 70's, but I doubt that you would have tried that on. There was only one high level bridge and it took all the traffic, road, rail & pedestrian and it was also one lane only. The low level bridge was a few k's away and little used anyway, especially in the Wet Season as it was flooded. There was wooden planking to build up the surface for vehicles and Armco guard railing with gaps for pedestrian safety. Every bit of guard railing was somewhat damaged and with a lot of red and yellow paint marks on the base white, presumably most of it from the Shell road-trains. The guard railing was very good for guiding them across the bridge. Some idiot one day tried to drive a Caterpillar road scraper across it and came to a quick stop with mangled railing as his tyres were far wider than the lane. It took them some time to remove and replace his handiwork. Living only a 150 metres from the bridge was entertaining at times.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Wow ... it shows more about what a driver shouldn't have done, than what the Toyota can do. Navara does it better in water twice as deep anyway

Navara super car does a real river crossing ... no bobbing around like a cork either. Always err on the side of caution ... get a Navara, just in case

Last edited:

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Navara super car does a real river crossing ... no bobbing around like a cork either. Always err on the side of caution ... get a Navara, just in case

Now @Crusty181 you know how much I love the Navara, but.....you obviously didn't see the tow strap attached to the front. So more horrifyingly she was being pulled through by something built pre 1920!!

Last edited: