17' Series Uncomfortable Innerspring Mattresses!

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Our beds were good to start with but over time have gone a little bit harder and also notice the zip more. We bought a "Multi-Zone Foam Underlay" from Target. Now it feels like we are sleeping in the clouds :) Made such a difference. Size was Double, just a little short on the edges but i think a queen would have been just too big.

The only issue now is that the bed is very tight to fold up with it on. Because of this, have to put something between the beds bar and the shower wall to make sure that there is no damage.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Our mattress itself is OK for me but the join annoys the "Boss" ;) So we got one of the eggshell toppers aswell but haven't tried it yet!
Had one on the old 16'er and it made a lot of difference to the comfort.

Luckily ours seems to be level (At the moment).

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
@davemc we got ours on special too around that time. We certainly didn't actually goto target to buy one and saw it on half price and thought that it was just too good a price to pass up! And its fantastic, you won't regret it if you haven't already tried it. :)

michelle menzel

May 21, 2014
Nhill
I emailed jayco, had to push for it but got reimbursed for a foam mattress and topper that i got from Clarke Rubber, had to modify the foam mattress to fold of course but all comfy now

Reactions: relgate

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
We are looking into mattress toppers for our bed ends also. Just wondering what size people are buying... Doubles, queens???

Wifey hates the join but when I sleep I don't really move so it doesn't bother me too much. Saying that I don't get much allowable room on our king size bed at home either!!!

michelle menzel

May 21, 2014
Nhill
We are looking into mattress toppers for our bed ends also. Just wondering what size people are buying... Doubles, queens???

Wifey hates the join but when I sleep I don't really move so it doesn't bother me too much. Saying that I don't get much allowable room on our king size bed at home either!!!

We bought a double memory foam, i joined 2 flat sheets to make a cover for it, it just wont fold up though so we roll it up and store it on the bunk while packed up, the memory foam is beautiful

Smiley

Mar 26, 2015
Qld
Going through the same issue myself now.
We have a 2014 14.4.4 with the newer two piece mattress. The smaller section is about 220mm thick and the wider section 140mm.
I think that it is using a inner spring for a folding mattress. Both sections have different resilience sure to varying thicknesses.
You roll into the zip section. Due to the stiff perimeter around the two mattresses it is like sleeping on a 19mm plank on edge.
If you stay in the allowed section the mattress is uncomfortable for side sleepers.
Have considered raising the small section to the same height as the wider section and going for the middle zip mattress as discussed by others on this forum.
I think that due to the method used to manufacture inner spring mattresses you would still have the plank up the middle.
Have tried pillow tops and packing under the smaller mattress to no real effect.
I am now planning to raise the seat section and exploring foam solutions.
This would be a double mattress split in two up the middle and both covered. A zip or hinge may not be needed.
Either foam alone or laminated up with foam below and memory foam on top.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
We have same issue with our 2014. I have been told there was a bad batch of mattresses!!!! I'm waiting to here back from jayco what they will do!!! Ours is 20mm different on queen bed and prob 10mm on double