Tyre compressors

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
My compressor is just about cactus. I had to pump up the tyres on Mrs CR’s Mazda 2 and I am sure I could have done it quicker if I just blew into the valve myself. So it looks like a new one is needed.
What are members thoughts on types ( single or dual cylinders ) and brands as well as connectors etc?

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Grab one of these Paul (pictured BCF unit) shop around they all come from pretty much the same factory ;)
Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 4.51.40 pm.png

Luke.sleeman

Jan 14, 2019
Victoria
Yeah, I got a very similar unit, though unfortunately it cost a bit more than $99. With the exception of pattern on the metal body it looks identical. I gave it a good test this weekend and it worked great!

Reactions: chartrock

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have a twin cylinder job, has worked well for years, have no idea of brand, e bay job but cut off stupid clamps and fitted an Anderson, just remember to shut them off between tyres to give them a rest and leave engine running so you have max power available .

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I have a twin cylinder job, has worked well for years, have no idea of brand, e bay job but cut off stupid clamps and fitted an Anderson, just remember to shut them off between tyres to give them a rest and leave engine running so you have max power available .
The Chinese inflators have the best inline fuses. On the 7th tyre at the end of the GRR in 38deg heat i melted the wiring and smoked the fuse holder, but that super strong fuse didnt let me down

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mine was a better Shanghai build, the switch melted, now its been through the "Droverator" its just full of wind and does a sterling job, in fact my WA oppo who swore by his $500 ARB job rang yesterday asking me about the Shanghai Special (8 yrs old) his ARB croaked it after 2 yrs....mind his actually gets used a lot so really about 8 yrs of work.....just the $$$ is scary....

Last edited: